Having an athletic team for the company to join tournaments

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in the bank I was tasked to organize a bowling team that will represent our bank in the inter-bank bowling tournament. There were more than 30 banks that participated. Our team failed to enter the finalist bracket but we ended up in the top 3 of the consolation bracket.

Our boss said that win or lose what’s important in joining the tournament is the camaraderie with the opponents. I have to agree with that because me and my team mates have gained new friends in that tournament. It was not about helping each other but when you know the employees of the rival business there would be peace and harmony in the industry. That is the big difference of the banking industry with the manufacturing industry where competition is cut-throat. In banking there is a friendly competition.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah, it just like when schools have inter-school sports tournament, it is first and foremost to foster co-operation and oneness amongst the participatory schools. so same is applicable when it comes to this sports arrangement in an organization. Apart from playing in the game there will be other benefits like creating unity, friendliness and rewards.