Having a skill or carrier is the way foward

EKUSANI

It is always say that going to school and aquire knowledge is the key to success.
Yes I agree ,but the school been involved her is the basic Education.because that is where we learn how to read and write.that is were we have the basic knowledge that will help us in our society.
Why I am saying this ?
The reason am saying this is that tertiary education has nothing to do with our future yet it help us grammatical but in term of basic education is no.so for me instead of spending six years going to school for a course of three years.the best and reliable option is to learn a skill or carrier .that is the most important thing in our life and we value it .lot of people have try it and it works for them .
Personally I try it and it works for me.
Pls am not saying tertiary education is a scam.what am saying is that lot of people that go to school came back and still learning a skill and there are doing very gud in the society.the are Bose's and having people working under them .what am saying here is is happening right now in my country.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I agree with you because that is just the only way forward especially over here and in every countries around the world because we are moving more into modernization and the world is becoming more digitalized than it was some few years ago , As a result of this we still needs to be academically qualified in one way or the other in our area of concentration because that is what will really help us grow.

Even if someone have to learn a skill it is a perfect option to learn a skill and really understand more on how the skill really works because you can't just learn a skill without understanding anything about the skill. If we are interested to make money in any way both online and offline we need to dedicate our time to learn and understand everything because that is what really matters.

The world is even becoming more competitive every day and this is also something we have to plan for because more population of people are coming into the world and if we are not able to Withstand this competition then it is quite possible that the world might leaves us behind in Most things .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Going to school and getting an education is great. It helps you gain grammatical skills, gives you so much knowledge of the environment around you and the world and trains your ability to read and write. It can even train you on some skills such as time management and proper attention.

However, one thing that most education system fail to integrate in the learning process is teaching tangible skills where you do things practically rather than just getting the theoretical knowledge. That is why many finish school as knowledgeable people but lack skill to work in the idea workplace. Which can now be seen by many as a waste of time.

What is most important in the cooperate and business world is having skills that ensure productivity and problem solving. These skills can be learnt either in school through a course or by learning on your own through different sources of knowledge.

So if you choose to learn a skill through going to school, make sure that you actually gain the skills that that course offers. Don't just concentrate on the theoretical knowledge. If the school does not offer practical experience, try and gain it by volunteering in institutions that is related to your course or apply for internships.

Rachael

Verified member
In fact, I totally agree with you. The most important way to blend education is by having a skill. The aim of education is to make us better citizens both in academic and character development. Prior to this time, people who chose skills over white collar jobs were seen as not having a high level of intellect and do not know the essence of education. Far from it, education is wide and has to do with a lot more than just sitting in the four walls of the classroom.

Education contains a whole lot of varieties with skills inclusive. In my country, it would be unwise to only have a certificate without skills. When I talk of skills, I'm not limiting it to farming or hard labor. Skills offline like; tailoring which is now being flowered as fashion design, agricultural activities, catering, baking, hairdressing, make-up artist, photography and lots more. We also have online skills such as; social media advertising, graphics design, web development, cryptocurrency and Forex trading, content creation, translation, article writing, skits making are all and many more skills that are feasible online. These days, especially for the common man, having a skill is the only way to survive in this hard economy.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Graciously put, you just need to have a source of income to have life going great for you. The economy is really biting especially in Nigeria but you must be up and doing if you want to challenge it.The truth is that to overcome poverty or lack as you have said you should have a career or a skill

But in recent times I have noticed that one needs to learn a skill alongside one formal education, just having a certificate no longer cut it, you must add something to augument it. So anyone going to school now should think of any informal skills to acquire imcase the chips might be down when one is through with education.

I know some business owners that are doing great now totally away from what they had studied in school. Some people have gone into carpentry work, some repairs, some people have become chefs, have their shops and stores and they are doing well too.

There's nothing shameful about learning a skill now because you would be glad you did when you start reaping it's benefits. I recommend it for everyone seeking to make money but jobs are not forth coming go learn a trade or acquire a skill to earn.