Growing a business

I have an uncle who just started a new business not too long ago but to him the business is taking a really long time to grow and be fully developed, he asked me for some tips on how to grow his business. I am currently thinking of telling him that the first step to growing a business is punctuality,that he has to be punctual to his business location to serve the customer when they want to be served and create a name for himself as a punctual person, another way of growing your business and selling is for him to sell the best goods for the best possible price they can go for in the market. Another thing is for him to provide good customer services. Although i think before all these, you have to have chosen a business that you are passionate about and ready to devote and dedicate alot of your time and energy to it. Feel free to share more advice.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Being punctual can make the customers to trust him the more. I love going to ones shop and always see him there and always on time too. I don't like seeing businesses that isn't regular when it comes to attending to customers needs. You'll come and find out they haven't arrived shop or the shop is closed for the day.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are totally right and your points are valid but then he needs to be patient too. Nothing good comes easy. People thinks anything is easy no if you want to become a success then you must take things one at a time. Some conglomerates we have today took years of hardship to build same with brands. So he be passionate about it

Ekuvero

Growing a business isn't as easy as it seems for one to grow a business he must be focus, determine, patient, consistent and be passionate about your line of business. Most business or brand you see today took upto 4-5years before it came to limelight so he shouldn't be discourage but rather he should be steadfast and focus about improving his business brand, he should always been on ground ready to attend to customers irrespective of their gender, race, nationality et al.
Most business are more likely to crash in its first 2years if it isn't given full attention and supervision, so he should be ready to spend his time to ensure all things are in order

Georgeadawara

Growing a business is not an easy thing to do. For someone to grow his or her own business you need to make an extraordinary effort towards the business.
By improving your products .
Having a good marketing experience.
Convincing your customers.
Having an enough capital make sure that you have good business plan on ground.
Always ask for more idea fom your workers.or successful business men.

Queentener

When it comes to growing a business, not all business ideas are worth starting at all. The best business ideas are unique, practical, needed by the market and easy to scale. In the search for a business idea, start by looking at what problems exist in your environment and try to provide a solution to such a problem and monetize it.

And if your business idea is completely new, think of what your business can offer and focus on how to create something better and cheaper. You may need to ask questions from people, make your own research and as well seek for advice from entrepreneurs.

Olajidey

Growing a business is not a day job as I will like to advise you to tell your uncle to be patience and be determined. An attribute that determines success in business is to keep a detailed record also analyse your competition because when you study your competition it brings the best result.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Dedication is very important when growing a business , it is not advisable to employ when growing a business so he need to sacrifice his time and grow the business to break even and once that is done he can easily employ someone to manage the business if he has other things to do since he already knows the business strength.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The hardest time for a business owner is the first year. A business owner must not relent and make sure he works assiduously to make sure the business survive the first year. After that, the subsequent years are always easy. Just ask your uncle to put in the right tools and never undermine the opinions of his customers and make sure he puts their satisfaction first.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
The hardest time for a business owner is the first year. A business owner must not relent and make sure he works assiduously to make sure the business survive the first year. After that, the subsequent years are always easy. Just ask your uncle to put in the right tools and never undermine the opinions of his customers and make sure he puts their satisfaction first.
Well it depends on the nature of the business, there are some businesses that you can easily break even within 6 months while some may be longer but the most important thing is trying to be focus to grow the business first because during the process you will be learning new things about the business.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yes, the points you mentioned him is very fine and worth it. Nothing comes to you overnight, and when we come across the business world, be it any field you are in you have to follow those rules sometimes to maintain the balance around you in tough times. It's not easy to control to handle a team, but with patience you need to go with it.