Generosity vs frugality

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is a big compound near our home that is populated by poor families. I have the habit of giving something to the small kids. They regularly come to our gate. When I see them I would give them a chocolate drink and a small pack of biscuit each. That has been going on for more than 2 years now that started with 2 kids and now there are 5 of them aged 2 to 6.

But lately one of the kids learned how to press the doorbell. It is irritating when the door bell rings because our dogs would be in a frenzy. No matter how I tried to tell those kids that they should not ring the doorbell but still they did. After more than a week of being disturbed I decided to stop giving them anything. It’s been more than a week now that the kids are not coming anymore.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have also noticed that a lot of people tend to misinterpret our generosity. I also like to help needy people especially old people (people who can no longer work) or children (whose parents are too poor). However, sometimes I am pissed off when people begin to take advantage. I can forgive kids but not adults.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually things that have been part of human existence but then I would encourage you not to stop being kind because they are just children. You can find out and explore other ways that you can help them without giving them they help directly something like buying some items and giving it to their parents.