Factors to consider before starting a tomatoes farming business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Fresh tomatoes are one ingredients that is needed for a lot of meals as such growing them is lucrative. This is one food ingredient that have no season though it has its peak period that you have them in large quantities but they hardly go away totally any season. So farming them will be money for you all year round

But they are factors you must remedy and he sure you can work with them.before starting out your tomatoes growing business.

Location of the land

You need to be sure that the land you are going to use will be fertile enough for your tomatoes farming.

Seedlings
Consider the seeds you would be using. You need good supplies of them for good growth.

Pest control
You need a good pest control for your farmland. This is to keep away pest attacking your tomatoes which might reduce your profit.

Capital
You would need funds to cater for other supplies that your tomatoes farming needs.

Add yours.

Etini

Valued Contributor
One thing I can say about tomato farming is that it is a very risky business. The market is as volatile as anything in this world could be. Price can boost and crash anytime. In minutes, the tomato can rise to an all-time high or fall below-average price in just 1 hour. So if you want to engage in it, you must keep your marketing very tight. One thing that can determine your success in tomato farming is your source of seeds. If you are lucky to get rodeo seeds, you would have a good yield within a really possible short time.

I used to plant tomatoes and another thing I can say about them is that it is very sensitive when it comes to watering. It doesn't require too much water or too little water. Just keep it at the optimum level. I think if you consider the things K listed, you would minimize the risks in tomato farming.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
The perishabity of tomato makes its business very risky especially when the business is not having a lot of fixed customers and a high level of patronage. But as someone who wants to get into that business, things that you need to consider and numerous and they include:

The location just as you mentioned. You must be able to find the best location because there are specific soils that favour the growth of such crops.

Moreso, your mode of transportation. If your farm is situated far away from the market, you must think and know ways that you can easily transport them without incurring a lot of damages during transport.

Another thing to take note of is your storage facilities. The availability of a good storage facility is very important. Owing to the high perishabity of tomatoes, you need very good storage facilities and one must also know the best ways that the crops are stored.