Ethereum founder claims to be Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin has recently claimed to be Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto, this has added another name to the unknown developer of bitcoin.

Vitalik Buterin was born in 1994, and the bitcoin whitepapers were released in 2008 when Vitalik was 14 years old. It took Satoshi Nakamoto several years to produce the whitepaper, so there is no truth in Vitalik Buterin's claim.

It is known in the crypto world that Vitalik Buterin co-founded Bitcoin Magazine in 2011 when he was a teenager; however there are other people too, Vitalik wasn't alone in this. Not only that, but it is hard to believe that a Kid developed Bitcoin all by himself.

Moreover, Buterin has described Bitcoin as "failed project", this is enough for Bitcoin lovers, to declare this attempt (Vitalik's claim to be Satoshi) as another fraud.

Furthermore, Vitalik can get involved with Australian tycoon, and another self claimed Satoshi Nakamoto, Mr. Craig Steven Wright, whom he described as scammer.

Finger Geek

Verified member
What is it to gain if a person is known to be Satoshi Nakamoto. I don't get it why he has decided to called himself what he is not. He has tried fro being the founder of etherium which is the second best and popular cryptocurrency. But the fact that he has come out today to call himself the unknown man is for him only to know.

The fact that the founder of bitcoin has decided to by anonymous is for a reason. If he claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto, then why has he now decided to show himself now. Then the first story of been anonymous will be a waste. Because now it has done nothing that worth been anonymous for a very long time now.

With the way I see this. Satoshi Nakamoto is not just a person but group of people that want to change the world. Or they are planning something that will showcase in future and bitcoin will be there master tool. Or it might be some groups of riche men or corrupt people trying to steal or save money for there own good. And lastly, as it is in the Bible that at the latter day that the world will spend one currency. Maybe it will be the one currency.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
What is it to gain if a person is known to be Satoshi Nakamoto. I don't get it why he has decided to called himself what he is not.
By the way, I never thought that VB could be the developer of bitcoin. The person who wanted to remain secret may reveal himself, but he will do so only when it becomes very necessary for him. There is no such compulsion for VB, so making such a claim is very childish.

And lastly, as it is in the Bible that at the latter day that the world will spend one currency. Maybe it will be the one currency.
Bible?
Can you quote the verse of bible and the part where it is said?
As for now, there are multiple cryptocurrencies, so there is not one.

Shaf

Verified member
While it may not be completely impossible, this is too far fetched to imagine.

It means that Vitalik would have to have been a genius kid, working on creating Bitcoin and thinking of world problems from a very tender age of less than 10.

Also, even critics of Bitcoin can hardly argue and actually price the point that Bitcoin is a failure. It's still maintained it's anonymity amongst users, it's gained monetary value over the years which even Ethereum is yet to.

This could probably just be a way to get attention, but it could also subject Vitalik to scrutiny from Tom those who are still against Bitcoin.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Where did he claim this? First I have heard...
This is all over internet, but people are not giving much heed, some say it was a joke, not claim.
Screenshot_20220305-231922_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220305-231819_Firefox.jpg
This could probably just be a way to get attention, but it could also subject Vitalik to scrutiny from Tom those who are still against Bitcoin.
Ether founder don't need a way to het attention.
Those who hate bitcoin, they won't be Ether loving either.

Ethereum is unpopular due to high fees for transaction, but Vitalic only wants to prove, his is.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Can you quote the verse of bible and the part where it is said?
I don't really know the verse in the bible but I have heard it from someone that it can be found in the last book which is revelation. There it is talking about what will happen in the last day before the second coming of Jesus Christ. Where the devil will rule of 7 days before Jesus Christ finally comes. Then it is said that the whole world will spend one currency. And this currency will be controlled by the anti Christ

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I don't really know the verse in the bible but I have heard it from someone that it can be found in the last book which is revelation. There it is talking about what will happen in the last day before the second coming of Jesus Christ. Where the devil will rule of 7 days before Jesus Christ finally comes. Then it is said that the whole world will spend one currency. And this currency will be controlled by the anti Christ
I don't think this has to do anything with reality; if you don't know, then how can you are sure? People can say anything without giving source. This is more look like some anti-Bitcoin people are trying to fool others, they might tell them to send all the cryptos to them for their protection.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have never heard of Vitalik Buterin claiming to be the Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto. You cannot believe whatever the Reddit Users are publishing on the site. You cannot believe the report published on a random site. You will have to check trustworthy news sites to see whether Vitalik Buterin actually said that or not. I follow a lot of crypto-related news sites and I have not heard of this news. However, I have read about the Australian man's claim of Satoshi Nakamoto. In fact, Elon Musk even once said Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakmoto. I have watched Butrin's interview, he said once he was writing for Bitcoin Magazine where he earned 3 BTC per article, but he did not claim to create that magazine.