Electricity supply- A priority before renting a property.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I was recently looking for an apartment. An agent took me to a property to inspect. I noticed that there was electricity supply in neighboring houses but this particular house had none. I asked the caretaker about it. He said that the property was disconnected by the electricity company because of unpaid bills. That was the reason I did not rent the apartment.

How important is electricity supply as a factor to consider before renting an apartment? I believe it is one of the important criteria. A place with a good electricity supply would make life more comfortable for you as a tenant. Whether you are rent in for residential or business, electricity supply eases your goals greatly. Also, a place with a good electricity supply minimizes your expenses. You would discover that you would spend less on laundry and cooking because ykh can do this things yourself with power supply in your house. It is important to prioritize power supply before renting an apartment.

Heartstrings

Electricity supply is a very important factor when renting an apartment, you will need the electricity for so many things, charging, iron, laundry, cooking and other aspects. I can't rent an apartment where there is no electricity supply,you may need the electricity for a purpose in future.

I have a similar experience,some years ago when we were looking for a house,the scarcity of an apartment made us to rent a place where there is no much electricity. We actually regretted it and it was one of the main reasons why we tried all our best to look for another place to rent,the agent didn't tell us anything and we didn't ask questions either. No electricity no water,and this two are the most important factor when looking for an apartment.
I know a lady who took advantage of the frequent electricity supply in her area to make money,she sells ice block and making some money from it. No matter how beautiful an apartment is,never joke with lack of electricity and water supply, because they are very important.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
It is definitely a priority to check the electricity supply before renting a property. You should make sure that the property has a stable and reliable source of power and that all the electrical systems are up to code and in good working condition. This includes checking that the wiring and outlets are in good condition and that there are enough outlets in convenient locations. It is also important to verify that the property owner or landlord is responsible for any repairs or maintenance of the electrical systems. It is always a good idea to get a professional electrician to inspect the property before signing the lease.

Additionally, it would be important to check if the property has any backup power options such as a generator in case of power outages. It is also essential to ensure that the property has the appropriate electrical capacity for your needs. For example, if you plan to use heavy-duty electrical equipment or have a high number of appliances, you will need to ensure that the property can handle the increased load.

Another important consideration is the cost of electricity. You should inquire about the cost of electricity and any additional fees for usage, such as metering or service charges. You should also check if the property is equipped with energy-efficient appliances and lighting, as this can help you save money on electricity costs in the long run.

It is also important to be aware of any local regulations or laws regarding electricity in the area.