The Effects of Electricity Supply in Business.

Olajidey

Electricity is a factor to consider in Nigeria before setting up a business that requires constant electricity supply. You have to be sure that the electricity in the location you wish to set up ur business is always constant. We have some areas in Nigeria here that the supply of business there is not constant.

Adetayo100

Electricity plays a major role in business success and prosperity, with good and constant power supply you save money on diesel and fuel. Most businesses crumble due to lack of constant power supply. Major countries have a thriving economy because of good power supply the same cannot be said for some countries, your business depends on electricity.

Victor001

Take a look at all the productive sector,it will be out of place to do without electricity. No working unit can stand without electricity,both small and medium enterprises or large private sectors or even individuals business. Electricity should be considered as a locational leverage while looking for a job or carrying out independent task.

Daykas

I think any businesses that make use of electrical appliance or electricity in their major work will be affect with rate of the supply. Take for example someone having a cold room in an environment where the supply is not stable is likely of running loose in the business

Emmatyking

It enhance effectiveness of work. It makes work easier. It also reduce stress of using manpower instead of machine. it fasten production in manufacturing companies

Teatea

Presently, I have little to no problems at all with electricity supply. But I use to face the problem, infact it was so frustrating. The electricity providers would refuse to supply light for days and even when they do, they will bring exorbitant and ridiculous bills with threats to cut off the supply if not paid. I had to find other means to cater for my business before I moved to a better location with constant supply.

marcusfe

Electricity supply has a very high impact on business. 98% of the business today are making use of electricity, that is why the sale of alternative power supply such is generator and solar system are on the rise. The major reason for the high cost of some commodities and services such as telecommunication network is as a result of unstable power supply. This companies prefer to run their business on alternative power generation and distribution the cost on their product.

Khezo

I think before setting up a business in a country like Nigeria where electricity is not constant or allow me say where electricity is a problem then you have to make sure you plan electricity all the way your company will generate electricity to work most especially for companies that need electricity so maybe you will plan generator or something like that let's say solar that to power your company for you

Haypril

Electricity plays a major role in business. In Nigeria, businesses and profit oriented organization has suffered a great lost and set back due to the lack of effective and sufficient supply of electricity. Most business owner had no choice than to buy another means of electricity supply which is generally know as Generator.

Daily activities of every business has been affected and in so doing, the quality of products is not as it should be because of the increments In lack of electricity. And indirectly, it has reduced the patronage of customers especially in the industry of hospitality and entertainment.

Share your views. And has electricity reduced or affected you in anyway?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You can not underrate the effects of electricity in the production of goods and services. In fact, all production sectors depends solely on electricity to carry out their productive processes. If there is constant electricity supply. Then there will be reduction in the price of most goods and service. And also there will be widely circulated of these goods and service.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Electricity is very important in every area of life.
Most of the business doing now a days is centre mostly on electricity and when there is no electricity then the business will not grow well.
Electricity mostly disturbed those industrial sectors because their main area gas to do with using electricity and when there is no good electricity supply the business will be automatically down.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The same is the case in my country. We have suffered a lot due to the fact that electricity supply was very much limited in my country. However, now things have changed a lot and we no longer face the issue of lack of electricity. I never knew that Nigeria also suffer from a lack of electricity supply. I really wish good for Nigerian people. Well, yes, electricity can play a major role when it comes to business. Especially if you run a factory.

Profwriter

Any business that deals with electricity will be greatly influence by electricity and this will reflect in the business production prowess. There are some business that I know in Nigeria that completely depend on electricity and the workers won't be able to do anything without electricity, they will just sit idle all day, doing nothing.

IamDozzy

It hasn't affected me directly but I know of a family friend that is into photocopying and typesetting of office documents. He spends most of his daily income on petrol for his generator due to poor electricity supply. This has prevented his business from growing or expanding. He can subscribe to the solar option of electricity due to the low carrying capacity of it. Electricity is very important for any business venture.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Most business can not survive without electricity even ritualist and kidnappers need light.... Electricity is the soul of most business... Some business can not survive without light and unfortunately for some people in some parts of Nigeria can not boost of 18 hours straight electricity... This alone is a setback and electricity is not only needed for business as human without electricity our daily lives will be a mess.

Most businesses needs electricity supply to strive, the light, to power the machines, to on the computers, ac, fans. etc in the office without the constant supply of electricity, the business will spend more in the running of the day to day activity the management will have to depend on generator