Earning Money Online Demands Discipline

Austinaldo

In the world of Online Money Making, it is crucial to take discipline and responsibility as our watch word. I am a domain name investor & I have been in the industry for the past 5 years. I've been very hardworking and consistent. Of course those are the obvious attributes to make anything out of the online world but did you know that even discipline and responsibility will take you far?

In the domain industry for example, you will be very tired and disappointed at first because the process is usually very lengthy and cumbersome. When I started out I had to seek mentorship from a friend who had been in the industry for a longer time than I was. I followed him obediently even after several months of making no sale out of the business. I put a lot of money into registering several domain names for sale and did "outbound emailing" for several weeks without making any sale. I felt really frustrated. Yet I was determined to be successful in it.

A customer inquired about one of my domains and asked if he could pay in installments. I was very excited seeing an enquiry for the very first time since my journey in the business. However I wasn't familiar with the idea of lending out my domain to a customer on instalments. I had to ask my mentor who put me through.

The customer was very interested in buying this domain but he didn't have enough budget to pay for it all at once.

We agreed that he will pay $300 monthly for 4 months until he finishes up with the payment. Doing this will mean that I will redirect the domain to his site and still retain ownership of it until payment is done. We both trusted each other. But some friends of mine were suggesting that I do not honor the contract in the end. I refused to listen to them! And you know what? By the end of the 4 months when the total amount of $1200 was completed, I transferred the domain over to him. He was surprised to learn that I am Nigeria following our conversation. He said he wouldn't have continued with the deal if he had learnt about my nationality beforehand. But with this honour, he was amazed.

Weeks later I got a deal to work for a digital marketing firm through him. This was a customer who I had simply been honest to. Discipline pays, it really does. Let's be honest and responsible.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Anyone who is interested in making money online must try as much as possible to be disciplined because discipline is necessary and the must if you really want to make something tangible on the internet. You must be willing to sacrifice some hours on daily basis and dedicate them on a particular venture in order to make something tangible.

Someone who taught me Affiliate marketing some time ago said that when you started making money on the internet, he usually subjects himself to learning a particular thing for over 18 hours on daily basis and sometimes 20 hrs. he only gets up when you want to take his bathe or when he wants to eat but he will surely come back and continue from where he stopped.

That is what we call discipline and anyone who is interested in making money on the internet was there as much as possible to be very disciplined. If you want to make money in cryptocurrency trading for example, you must dedicate a lot of time to learn the necessary things first and invest the amount of money you will be ready to lose.

You need to understand that cryptocurrency is a risky business and investing all your money will set you in financial crisis.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is always a sad thing when I come across a sentence like the one you just wrote above. I'm a Nigerian and it is depressing to know that a lot of people or other nationalities try to cancel a deal just because you are from a certain country. You can imagine that this mouth watering deal will have been cancelled if the client earlier learned about your nationality. Nigerians we just have to boost our image internationally honestly, this is just not funny.

I'm happy that the owner of this forum is making us proud. He is one person that have shown that we still have very principled, disciplined and honest people in Nigeria. I can't just deal with this bastardized image of yours.

I totally agree with you that it is good to be disciplined and honest when working for others, even the universe will work in our favor and we would be glad.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is a very good story that you have shared. It is so encouraging indeed to read about another person's success story. It means that it is certainly possible to work and earn money online.

With self discipline, anything is possible. So one had better learn to work with discipline and earn as much money as they can. With self discipline, it is so hard to get sidelined from your goals and ambitions.

I also love the fact that you stayed honest with your client. Honesty is something that is valued a lot by someone who wants to hire you. So it is best to always give it to clients, it always ends up paying you back handsomely.

There is also need to be really careful online. There are scammers out there in form of clients who pretend to patronize us. You did a great job by asking your friend how installments are handled in your business.

So self discipline, coupled with honesty and smart work is a very good combo to succeeding in online work. Which is an area of earning that is most affected by distractions and laziness, it takes a very disciplined person to get through all these distractions.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to make money online, you need a couple of things, first and foremost is a skill. If you do not have professional-level skills, you can literally make no money. Just like in a real-world job where you need knowledge and expertise to work and make money, you also need knowledge and skills to make money online. Secondly, you need to work hard. Just like in a real-world job, you need to work hard to make money. Just like in the real world, there is a lot of competition in the virtual world. Therefore, if you do not enhance yourself with skills, there is no way you can make money online. Thirdly, you need to be very patient. If you are not patient, you cannot make money. You need a lot of discipline to achieve your goal of making money. Discipline means working continuously, keeping the deadlines, and believing in yourself.