Earn money from selling of data

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In Nigeria today, internet has become something that almost everyone has gotten addicted to, most especially the youth, in fact you are not online nowadays, it is as bad as dead or being blind, almost everything that happens around us on our daily basis are being taken to social media. A lot of people are making money on the internet and there is no way you can browse the internet without the help of data, well I do not know about other countries, but that it is the way it actually works in nigeria, just like an advert says “Data is life” if we take a good thought about it, then we would realize that the quote is somewhat right because almost everything happening offline will definitely go online and besides people are so eager to become public figure and this is what some people use as an advantage to make money which happens to be a smart thinking if you ask me. I do have a guy on my WhatsApp contact list and this is what he does to earn money for himself and trust me, he is making good income from it. He sells phone network data, WiFi data and all sorts.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know how it goes in Nigeria, but in my country, telecommunication companies sell mobile data and internet service providers sell wifi internet, There is no way for an individual to make money by selling data or internet unless you have a telecommunication company or are an internet service provider. You might make some money by selling mobile top or and recharge, though.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Making money as a data vendor is a lucrative business and it doesn't require much capital, you can start it with as little as 10k, the key thing is to have a lot of contact list that you can advertise too, this will help you in making sales.

You can also get people like Influencers or comedians to advertise your internet services on their platforms, this can drive up sales too.

You can also print flyers and distribute to people at social gatherings, like events, churches, mosques etc.

A promo too won't hurt like during festivities period, you can reduce the rate for people and sell to them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes I have about 2 persons now on my WhatsApp that sell data to me though a lot of time I buy through my bank or use the MTN app to buy them but whichever way it always turn out right for me.

I have also done this business before it just need you to have a lot of people buying from you daily. you need to have competitive price to enable people stick with you that way you would be having very fast sales You need to always have data too to sell. You just need to create awareness about the business.