Dropshipping for Small Business

raaman

Valued Contributor
As an e-Commerce entrepreneur, you might have decided on more than one occasion, to want to eliminate intermediaries. You might have looked for alternatives and tried to make the sales on your own, but everything has been in vain.

Forget what you have been testing so far, and focus only on one goal, implement dropshipping in your e-Commerce. This technique for optimizing sales is the solution for small online companies and in this thread I share it with you.

The dropshipping technique consists in that a retailer contacts his main product supplier, reaching an agreement so that this is the one who distributes it directly to customers.

cmoneyspinner

I just mentioned drop shipping in another one of your other discussion threads (Home Business with a Website) and shared a link. Here is the reason why drop shipping is an excellent idea for a small business. The SBO (small business owner) does not have to bear the expenses of maintaining an inventory of items to sell. They only have to build an eCommerce website and advertise the products. Many companies who want you to drop ship their products will even offer you assistance with building a website. Most of your effort, time and expense goes toward attracting customers to your website. Once they get there and place the order, you earn a commission for the sale and the company that owns the products handles everything else ~ shipping the goods, handling returns, etc.

Donkiz

Dropshipping is a good business model which one can start with little capital because you are not expected to buy the products, or look for warehouse to store the products, you only acts as a link between the sellers and the buyers.

I have tried severally to start a dropshipping business without success, my major problem is being able to get the needed connection and contacts of reliable wholesalers and manufacturers that I can dropship their products.

With the high level of scammers and fraudsters in the cyberspace I'm having trouble locating real wholesalers that I can do dropshipping business with.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I see dropshipping as easier than affiliate marketing. There are many who are disappointed with affiliate marketing because they thought they could instantly sell to earn a commission. With dropshipping the dropshipper sells the product directly to his market. For instance your friends in Facebook can be your regular customers for the products that you are selling. When there is an order your forward it to the supplier who will handle the delivery. On the part of the e-commerce site it will get sales from the dropshipper more than the affiliate marketers.