Does the amount of capital matters in starting up a business?

Axis

Banned
Capital is one of the crucial part to emphasize on when ever u want to start a business. An investor or a business man should first of all calculate and plan the amount of capital he will use investing or starting up a business. If the business appears to be a large one he should also have a mind that a large amount of capital is needed in starting such a business. Using a small capital in starting up a large business tend to be frustrating and tiring at the end. So every business man should be cautious whenever starting up a business either big or small. Business like a pure water factory a bakery and so on requires a lot of capital to start up so it is advisable that a business man should sit down and plan very well before starting up a business.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Yes, the amount of capital matters in starting up a business. You must have at least the minimum amount of capital that you need to run your business. This amount of capital is sometimes referred to as working capital (or reserves). Without this, you will not be able to follow through on your plans and would be forced to find some other way or sell their idea or product. You might be asking yourself… why does the amount of money matter? Well, it matters because if you do not have enough capital for your business, then it could make it difficult for you to meet payroll obligations and continue running the business.

If this is an issue with your company that needs resolving, then get in contact with a reputable commercial bank in order to arrange funding for your startup. They can usually arrange funding via a short term loan or if the business is high risk, they can arrange funding via a joint venture or borrowing. The size of the loan will depend on many factors and it would be best to have the commercial bank that you take your business to talk to them about this issue over the phone so that you are able to ask about their policies and what you could expect from them.

The way that it will work is that a business partners with a bank for as either long as needed for funding or for as long as possible until then company is able to start generating enough income and then pay back the money. Once this happens, then the bank would no longer see any need for providing any further funding.

Rubz

Yes, the amount of capital matters in starting up a business. A small scale business will require a smaller amount of capital than a large scale business. If a business man or woman doesn't put in enough capital the particular business requires, there is every likelihood that the business will fail from the very beginning or the business will just make little progress.

GreatSuccess

Capital is one of the pivotal part to stress on at whatever point u need to begin a business. A financial backer or a money manager ought to work out and design how much capital he, most importantly, will go through effective financial planning or beginning a business. Assuming that the business has all the earmarks of being an enormous one he ought to likewise have a brain that a lot of capital is required in beginning such a business.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The amount of money needed to start up a business will not be determined by the business owner , mostly it will be determined by the business itself and also the location because those are the things that plays an important role in the success of everyone's business .

To be able to get the amount of money needed to successfully start a business , a business owners has to put so many things into consideration which include the location because in most cases some location has a higher standard of living than the others . .
Settings the business will require a huge sum of money to completely establish it to a standard level and sometimes another business organisation may require a little amount of money . All business organisation are not the same that is why proper research and findings must be carried out to know the amount of money needed to establish a business at the particular time.

Heartstrings

Yes, the amount of capital really matters in starting up a business, so many people are so interested in starting up a business but there is no money to start up, there are so many situations where as we use money to get more money. How much you are willing to start up a business with also matters on how much profit you will make? The type of business you want to go into also matters alot. For instance, selling of clothes, materials needs less money unlike electric gadgets.

The amount of capital matters because the more you invest in your business the more profit for you. If you really wants your business to blossom and last longer, then the amount of capital really matters in order not to crash out your business. To me Capitals are the real vital aspect of a business, which will get you more profits as you go deep into it.

Skysaint

Verified member
I am very positive that it matters in any business idea that you would want to establish. Just like you have already pointed out,the capital that is needed to start a business is a very crucial aspect of every business idea to be established without which, the business idea will remain as just an imagination.

Now you can agree with me that different businesses does not require the same amount of capital. The amount needed to establish a road side store will be way less than an amount to establish a wholesale business store or company. No matter how little you want to start a wholesale business or a manufacturing company, the amount of capital needed will always in all aspects be greater than the amount required to establish a road side store.

So this is one of the things we need to take into consideration when making and conducting a market research for the products or business we would want to go into because that's the very thing that would let you know if you're capable of running such business; that's depending on your financial capability.

We always advise people to start little and develop their businesses from there but don't mistake it with the mindset that any amount can start any business.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I must confess that the capital to use for a business is very important if you are writing your business plan , you must include a capital for the business. This will be the minimum amount that you will need to keep the business running smoothly and it must be available before starting on the business if not you might be frustrated. I've actually tried this in one of my offline businesses but it doesn't work. My aim initially was to start up with a little that I have and I believed that I will continue to build on it until I have enough capital, I failed woefully with this notion because I was unable to run the business smoothly because the capital wasn't enough to kick start the business. In this regard, it is very important for you to ensure that you have enough capital before you start up the business , even if it's not big but it must be capital that is enough to run the business smoothly. A businessman who write a business plan without the inclusion of the capital is a waste of time because on the long run he won't be able to make the business success.

Mastergp

Verified member
Yes the amount of capital should matter and should also correspond with the type of business you want to engage in, sometimes one want to engage in a large scale business but his money which he has as capital is not enough for him to start such business, so for him to succeed he need to get the accurate amount to start such business.

most business depend on capital in order to invest in, there can't survive without capital just a slits reduction in their capital would become visible and making such business vulnerable to fall or collapse at any time such business include: shopping malls, and supermarket etc.

Most times the amount of money may not be enough making one to borrow loan from friends or the bank in order to achieve the accurate capital for such business, they are also some important business that could make use of small capital to grow, some of this business require one to work hard and being committed to build his or her business to the best or among the best.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The amount of money you have to start a business doesn't really matter to me like having the needed knowledge to start and keep the business going. if a business needs a huge amount of money I would even prefer that it is started in bits so that the mistakes to be made will be minute.

So I don't think it is about having the money but getting all the necessary information needed to run the business. So for a business you need to first make a research about the business you want to do, then you have a business plan to be able to direct your self on how you want to make it done.

The next is to know the different system you would use for advertising. Because a business with no customers will collapse sooner than you think. So apart from having big money for a business you need the experience.

Shigobad2020

The amount of capital needed in starting a business matters a lot in the sense that different business needed different amount of money for the start up business , imagine trying to start a cement factory business will cost you a huge amount of money , because you need an hectares of land where you will build your factory and you also need a whole lot of money to start the business proper .
Secondly it also depend on the entrepreneur to know the amount of business needed to start the business, for example , starting a school business , some people might manage and start from scratch using the little amount of money they have with them while other people will prefer starting big because they want their school to be the best in the whole environments ,
So starting business depends on the owner of the business to know the actual amount needed to start .