Does gender promote growth of business?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If the business is more for the men then I guess the female staff can make the business more attractive and vice versa, if the business is a spa for female then a male attendant would be more attractive. Even in bars that I see those having female servers and bartender are the bars that have more customers especially in the business district.

Segat

In my own view I don't think gender promote the growth of a business. It will be unjust and ridiculous to the gender that is not favoured for us to have such conclusion. However it does not mean a particular gender can not promote growth in a particular business than the other but its not the gender that account for but the ability in each individual persons of the gender in consideration.

Planet408

Yes, gender promotes and adds to the growth of some businesses. There are businesses that are mostly patronized by male clients/customers. Such businesses most times employs female staff to do the marketing part of the job and even the front desk officer is a female. The prospective clients gets attracted by the young female marketers. They make purchases with the influence of the females because they are attracted to them.

Hena101

Yeah it can because gender play an important role in our society and it can also help in promoting businesses. For instead when ever a company want to advertise new product or when they produce new product there is gender that can help promote those products. If the product is for women men can do that, if if it's for men women can do that, if it's for both females are prefer. So gender can promote businesses anywhere.

Briangsam

How gender promotes businesses depends grossly on the type of business. Some jobs or some roles are better suited to a particular gender than the other. In banks for example, some specific jobs or roles are reserved for the female gender. It is like that too for some roles for male gender. So yes, some genders determine the success of some businesses.

Highflyer

Yes gender promotes business because some businesses favour one gender more than the other. However in today's world there are still people making waves in professions and businesses dominated by the opposite gender. There are men who are professional hair stylists, makeup artistes and even fashion designers. So it is not totally about gender but what you have to offer.

D

Deleted member 30343

Both gender promote business, but what matter is how truthful you are to your costumers

Psalmseen

In most cases, gender matters in business. A business owned and probably managed by a woman tends to attract more sales and thereby bringing high profit

Queentener

I don't think gender promote the growth of business, I will always say this hard work, persistence and determination is what I know that promotes the growth of a business, you saying that female tends to be more favoured is not through, both gender go through difficult during startup. If we run a survey of both gender starting a business at the same time we will know that the energy put into it is what brought the result.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is not very uncommon now that most of the businesses that we do now are unisex. Both gender are not involved in the same business. So my question is this. Do you think gender matters in the growth of business? Do you think a business handle by a woman has tendency to grow more than the one handle by male? I asked thro because female are generally favored in the society than male. Many will prefer to patronize a female than male counter part for some reasons best known to them. So what's your thought or contribution to this or have you not observed it?

Succjay

We shouldn't be arguing this as women are special creatures, God created them and endowed them with some lovelies features that makes people to get attracted to them. But when it comes to some major contracts men are always there to serve.

Syldan

Gender diversity can increase profitability by 5-20%. It also enables enterprises to tap into a wider talent pool with different types of skills, which contributes to overall enterprise performance.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is not very uncommon now that most of the businesses that we do now are unisex. Both gender are not involved in the same business. So my question is this. Do you think gender matters in the growth of business? Do you think a business handle by a woman has tendency to grow more than the one handle by male? I asked thro because female are generally favored in the society than male. Many will prefer to patronize a female than male counter part for some reasons best known to them. So what's your thought or contribution to this or have you not observed it?
For some reasons, before I open this post I knew you would be talking about the females being more favored. I doubt this unless there’s a statistics to back this up. It could just be a figment of our imagination. I think it more about your packaging of yourself and business and not necessarily about a gender.

Yes gender promotes a business like in this region some persons buy their goods according to gender for instance I prefer to buy my cosmetic from a female and prefer to buy my clothing's from a male this is because I don't believe that a male can prescribe a good make up for me rather a female good for it

Georgeadawara

It depends but genader has nothing to do with business Development . Sha in the acpect of marketing female genader are good and well in partronized a business they are always attractive to the businesses. The best way to market a business is by putting a female acpect of marketing and advertisment but in terms of business management men are more important or active in that acpect.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be sincere... I believe in gender equality.... And as per your assessment over the issue of the society favoring a female business to me is kind of not right... There are female clothes business that are handled by men and are faring well and same as men handling female underwear are there are having boom of customers.... There are male hair stylist that have many customers same way that their are female hair stylist that have little customers.. what matters is your skills,humor,and how you can handle your customers... I don't think anything concern the gender.
Who do you think people will patronize the more if both sex are sited in the same location? Who is likely to win a contract if both sex are pursuing the same contract and doing the same business? All these boil down to the fact that women are always favored in business than men. Your illustration is aptly used in a situation where both sex are doing the same business in different location.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
To be sincere... I believe in gender equality.... And as per your assessment over the issue of the society favoring a female business to me is kind of not right... There are female clothes business that are handled by men and are faring well and same as men handling female underwear are there are having boom of customers.... There are male hair stylist that have many customers same way that their are female hair stylist that have little customers.. what matters is your skills,humor,and how you can handle your customers... I don't think anything concern the gender.

Olajidey

It depends on the business both gender promote the growth of the business, we all have a different role than another gender can not partake. But the case is different in the banking industry, they prefer the female gender to male gender when it comes to banking they believe female gender have what it takes to attract the investor.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
I could say the answer to this question is yes , but it depends on the type of business and its market. In a recent article entitled “How Entrepreneurship Works,” the authors argue that there are three types of entrepreneurs: dominant, cooperative and competitive. According to them, dominant entrepreneurs are those who run their own businesses and have an entrepreneurial mindset. Cooperative entrepreneurs are those who help others run their own businesses or start their own ventures. Competitive entrepreneurs are those who want to win at all costs and don’t care about other people’s feelings.

In this type of business environment, men tend to be dominant entrepreneurs while women tend to be cooperative ones. However, in a competitive environment where there is less opportunity for cooperation between men and women, women may become more competitive than men because they have less access to resources such as capital and networks than men do.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Gender inequality is a problem in many countries, including the United States. Women are underrepresented in leadership positions, earn less than men do, and have lower rates of business ownership. These factors contribute to gender inequality in the workplace and can have an impact on a company's ability to grow.

Gender inequality in the workplace has economic consequences for both companies and employees. For example, research shows that women who work for female-dominated firms are more likely than those who work for male-dominated firms to be promoted into management positions or earn higher salaries. Women who work for male-dominated firms are less likely than those who work for female-dominated firms to receive promotions or higher salaries.

The effects of gender inequality on business growth vary depending upon how much gender discrimination exists within an organization, but studies suggest that even moderate levels of gender discrimination can reduce productivity by as much as 20 percent and increase costs by approximately 10 percent.