Does education make you rich or poor.

Profwriter

Hi everyone, today I feel like us having a discussion about the connection between going to school, acquiring a university degree and making money. Some of us here who have attended a formal university have come across several professors in business related departments such as Economics, Marketing, Business development, Enterprenureship studies and many others, but we don't really see how these knowledge have profited them financially.

An average student knows the rigor of preparing for examination and the sleepless nights, burning the midnight oil to get a good grades, but is it worth it?

How come professors in these discipline are not rich or wealthy?

Can we now safely say that education cannot make one rich?

Let's hear from us.

Maks25

schools don't make people rich, was never meant to. You make it sound like schooling and education are at loggerheads. The school by its very nature was designed to facilitate education, it was designed to systemize education, organize it, except of course the topic is about Nigerian schools were this have been compromised.
And by the way what is this senseless absurdity of Africans... (Ngerians precisely)going to school majorly to make money.
Well maybe because from his very birth the black man due to the environment he was borne in, was socialized....taught infact to fear poverty. So severe that everything and anything about him must revolve around how much money you can make from it.

IamDozzy

Hi everyone, today I feel like us having a discussion about the connection between going to school, acquiring a university degree and making money. Some of us here who have attended a formal university have come across several professors in business related departments such as Economics, Marketing, Business development, Enterprenureship studies and many others, but we don't really see how these knowledge have profited them financially.

An average student knows the rigor of preparing for examination and the sleepless nights, burning the midnight oil to get a good grades, but is it worth it?

Let's hear from us.
What is your definition of rich and wealthy?. Some people definition of richness is having peace of mind and a level of comfort. These lecturers might not be the wealthiest in the society but they have peace of mind, can travel out of the country anytime they feel like it, they have job security and lot more benefits. Education does not make anyone poor neither does it automatically make anyone rich. It's one's tenacity for success that makes them rich or poor. A lot of religious folks always add grace to the mix. Education can still open a lot of doors for people.

Shigobad2020

Education does not makes you rich and being uneducated does not make you poor getting education thou is the best , we get educated to have knowledge and wisdom of the world, and education can help you in everything you do, if you want to start a business, you will have the brain and knowledge to know more about the establishment.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view I believe education does not make you Rich neither do education makes you poor education is just a stage of consciousness and Civilization for you to be able to understand things better and quick understanding. the only thing that can make you either rich or poor is your determination and hard work and hard-working man and a determined man there's a possibility for him too big to get rich in the future

Veetos12

Let's hear from us.
Education does not guarantee richness but it can only create an opportunity for someone who has the knowledge from education to meet great people who can make him a way to become rich. Education on the other hand does not mean one cannot be poor if the right energy is not channelled in making money from the ideas generated from learning.

Segat

Education as an entity which include training in the four wall of the class room to learn a particular course and getting train in any vocational studies or training on a particular subject matter makes people rich if the information gotten is properly managed and can make people poor if no privileges to have such education or the knowledge obtained is not properly managed.

Last edited:

Victor001

Education is not a measure of how rich or poor neither is it a guarantee to be rich or poor, education only stands to enlighten you on the basis of your involvement, education is not acquiring degree,it is building knowledge on your specializations,so you can be rich and not educated and vice versa.just sacrifice enough time and knowledge in pursuing your goals.

Veetos12

Education has an entity which include training in the four wall of the class room to learn a particular course and getting train in any vocational studies or training on a particular subject matter makes people rich if the information gotten is properly managed and can make people poor if no privileges to have such education or the knowledge obtained is not properly managed.
I think the reason why most professors and lecturers are not as rich as compared to entrepreneurs who do not have enough education is that, they are limited to the salary they get from government who do not have a proper payment scheme which can make them rich for them unless they join entrepreneurship.

Makah

From my own on point of view if you have money and you are an illiterate which means you can't neither read or write that's why some workers in the government works and job due to thier qualification. I know a man who was denied a promotion hlbecause of his qualities or maybe qualification which I think it is right
So I will urge everybody to go to school and pass out with good grades

Godslamp

Education is not a destination; it is the process of seeking and acquiring the knowledge and skill to navigate your environment. Education isn’t what you get in classroom. It is what you learn in your daily life. The last time most people read a book was to write an exam and not for the sake of education. Whatever fields of endeavor you are in, you need to understand necessary skills to get the job done. Failure is often the result of reaching for something without having the necessary education to make it happen.

Timison

Schooling doesn't makes you rich and being uninformed doesn't make you poor getting instruction thou is the awesome we get taught to have information and insight of the world, and training can help you in all that you do, on the off chance that you need to begin a business, you will have the cerebrum and information to find out about the foundation.

OlaAdams

Let's hear from us.
Well stated bro!
To answer your question " does educate makes you rich or poor"
Forget about olden days educate cus it's already gone and forget about what rich or poor, ass we all know we are on the race of becoming rich.
Education as it is use in this context (aquaring academic knowledge) will make you poor.

Education will make you poor.

Veetos12

From my own on point of view if you have money and you are an illiterate which means you can't neither read or write that's why some workers in the government works and job due to thier qualification. I know a man who was denied a promotion hlbecause of his qualities or maybe qualification which I think it is right
So I will urge everybody to go to school and pass out with good grades
Education is good, no dispute about that but it does not guarantee ones affluence in life. There are many people which do not go to school but are doing well in their businesses by employing those who have quality education.

Dorcey

Been educated those not mean you going to be rich and not being educated those not also means you will be poor, fine some people get fancy white collar job all because of their certificate and get well paid off but that those not mean you without education can also get a well paying job or own a small business and start making money from it.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
After all is said and done it is you that actually makes yourself rich or poor and wealthy or mean by the decisions you take and the actions that you do. Education does not guarantee that you will eventually become rich or poor at the end of the day. Education actually aids your mind to think and get positioned in a better way that you can be successful in life but it is not a course or blueprint that gives you the one time magic or becoming rich or renders you become worthless and a poor beggarly fellow as you will examplify with the lecturer's in colleges.

Education does not make you poor or rich but it puts you and your mind in a better position for becoming rich or poor eventually depending on how well you are able to make yourself resourceful and useful to the community you live and your nation