Does ageing has effect on making money.

Mastergp

Verified member
Well on my own idea about this topic I think it depends on each persons circumstances, why do I say that? well, if we look around our environment we see old people and the young people and when we get a little closer at their live activities we notice that each one has a different level of tasks they could handle.
The young are usually aggressive and hard working because they still have the flexibility to handle work but this case is different for the older ones, they do a little or no hard work because they do not have their strength and capacity to handle work effectively but should this be a final bus stop for them? No, not at all. It glad to see that many old ones around our location are engaging in different form of trading, businesses and online trading in order to make money, including retired ones they look for trades in order to earn money to feed their family and themselves.
Well some aging ones face sickness that restrict them from working at all but they alternative way that can help them is the passive income method, this method play huge regard at this point because one does not need to work very hard to earn money, I could relate a woman on a wheel chair who did not allow her present circumstances to affect her from earning, she use the passive income she earn to care for herself and her two children, there are many other subtle ways one could make money even under illness.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Aging does have an effect on making money. When you get older, it becomes more difficult to earn a living. The reason for this is that as we age, we need some kind of income to support our families, and this can be especially difficult if you live in an expensive city like New York or San Francisco, probably Nigeria too.
You will also have job type limitations, some jobs might not be available to you.

If you are able to retire early, this may help. But even if you don’t have enough money saved up for retirement, there are still ways that you can make more money as you get older. For example, you may be able to start a second business or freelance part-time and make extra money. Or maybe you could take up an additional job or look into starting your own business if one doesn’t already exist somewhere in your area.

Rin34

The older you get, the more the inclination to accumulate earnings goes, it seems to me. Many times a high income is associated with large investments in work, like finances, time, and health. The active part of the earning process happens at a young and mature age, when it's important to be able to provide for yourself and your family. Nevertheless, cool and important, nowadays people of any age can work part-time at home using the Internet.​

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I understand your write-up perfectly. Obviously aging will always have a significant effect in the productivity and the energy level of a person and it will prevent a person from achieving or engaging in so many things he or she has been doing before . This is a clear indication that we have to try as much as possible to achieve all the things we need during our youthful age because that is the time we have to accommodate all our wealth and resources so we can later enjoy them at old age .

When we grows older , we will not have the energy to achieve or engage in business or work as we used to and in this case if we have enough money we only have to pay in someone to take these responsibilities on our behalf and that is what so many people are doing . Everything depends on how you organise your life

Carpon

Valued Contributor
You know with age, your strength and abilities keep depreciating. The more your age, the less your strength and the ability you have to keep making money actively especially if it has to do with jobs which require your energy and mind.

But I think leaving that aside, there are ways that you can still make money as an old person. For example, I know of an elderly man in my sister's neighborhood who has been actively making money since youthful age and now that old age is dawning on him, he chooses to rather invest and earn passively than to work and earn actively.

So I think that a very good remedy to the effect that old age will have on making money is by investing more, and setting up more business which you manage and fund. These are majorly ways of making passive income and you keep earning even while you are old.

So actually age has little effect on making money especially for skillful persons.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Age has a very big effect on money making. This is because the younger you are the more vibrant and the more opportunities you will meet. If a young guy and an old man goes for a job interview I can assure you that the young guy is likely to be chosen over the old man because as a young person you still have the energy and capacity in order to run things effectively.

If you are young you can actually venture into a lot of businesses and become very successful on it but as an old man you will not actually have that capacity.

So age has a very big effect to money-making. this is why it is always very important and necessary that people try as much as possible to set up a very good source of income for themselves when they are still very young so that when you grow old, you will not feel the effects.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Yes, age does have a significant effect on making money.

A person's earning capacity starts to fall around the age of 35, according to research by the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College. That's when a worker can expect their lifetime earnings peak, and it continues to rise until retirement age. After that, it plunges in what's known as an "earnings cliff."

People over 65 earn less than those aged 50-54 who're likely just starting or in the middle of their careers. Older people also take home lower wages compared with those aged 25-34, with no sign of them catching up again because they'll have fewer years left in work before retiring.

The older one gets, the steeper the fall. At 70, earnings fall by 43% when compared to 55-59 year olds. By 80, earnings have plunged 65%.

In 2016, people over 64 made up 13.3% of all working adults aged 25 and above in South Korea. Of that 13.3%

In 2015, 27% of Japanese workers were between 55 and 64 years old.
In France, 15.21% of all workers were between 55 and 64 years old in 2016.
In Germany that figure was 14.64%.

niche

Verified member
Age is related to making money especially in the internet sector. Many companies are offering very good salaries of more than $1500 monthly to fresh graduates with no experience , require training , yet older persons are finding it very difficult to jobs some of them are paid $199 or less per month in some countries despite being hardworking and experienced. Additionally older persons are ruthlessly exploited in the internet sector in some countries, with the government refusing to acknowledge the work they do, money they invest, falsely giving lazy greedy young students who do no work, credit and monthly government salaries at the expense of the older person in a case of slavery.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Ageing does not affect make money because there are many old people that are still make money. Also the richest men, most of them are old and they are still making there money. But ageing can limit is to some areas as we will not be active as before in such areas.

I would also say that ageing means that the person has more knowledge of the idea of making money but the old ones might not know new ways to make money as they might not be following the trends.

Be of an old age means there will be more of business than of hard work. That is why we see many retired workers tht are running some business to continued making money. Some of them might be doing the business before they even retired in which helped them to be able to adapt on time. So ageing does not stop us from making money

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
This could reduce your opportunity to earn something because aged person types more slowly and understand in slow way the tasks to be done and also could not stay more than 1 hour in front of PC or computer because of the eyes problem so it could affect and reduce potential earnings especially most of internet work is based on the skills.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
As a child it may not be necessary for you to get exposed to the internet due to some negative influence you may encounter while using the internet but on a more larger scale or in the long run age has never been a barrier for an individual to make money whether online or offline and there have been series of situations where a young and vibrant individuals ends up being a good and effective individual pertaining to the act of making money online. Many young individuals have been gury and experts when it comes to cryptocurrency and forex trading or investment. Personally I know of a friend of mine who is younger than me with just two years but he is an expert and a master when it comes to forex and basically he is the one training me on that today.

You do not need to be growned up to the extent of even having white hair on your head before becoming exposed to what it means to make money online. Young and vibrant individuals are more calculative, smart, and decisive in the act of making money online.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Sure, you are right age do affect our way of working. young people are still agile, flexible, aggressive and hard working because they still have the energy to handle work. The young cells are still working effectively and at top notch but this is different for the older ones.

The old people do not have the strength and capacity to handle work effectively so they would be selective of jobs to do So as we are ageing we become selective of jobs

Kendy

Verified member
Without an iota of doubt, ageing has limitations to making money. This is the more reason most establishment have a benchmark on when an individual should retire when a certain age is reached. A lot of companies are age-specific because they know that an old person won't be proactive like a younger person. Some individuals might even develop health issues thereby stiffening the money making process.

It's advisable to make wealth and investment when you're still agile, especially if you have the right direction and toolbox to keep the gear running.

Phantasm

Banned
Depending on certain factors, such as practice, occupational progress, self-employment, investment, health status, working abilities, market dynamics and financial scheduling; aging can greatly alter ones’ money generating capacity. As people grow older they acquire invaluable knowledge that could increase their worthiness in the job market hence leading to higher incomes. Income streams may also be positively influenced by career growth. On the other hand business activities and entrepreneurship can act as a platform for wealth creation while savings in form of investments and retirement plans could have profound effects on the finances of an individual. Health conditions and ability to work are other income generation scope determinants. Furthermore one has to remain updated with current industrial trends and technology for competitiveness in business and money making. Retirement security can also be guaranteed through social security benefits as well as pensions. Thus it is important to take into consideration factors such as living costs and housing decisions while determining level of expenditure that will eventually affect financial stability. Probably continuous learning and skill development would still enable one to remain relevant in the labor market especially during old age. Lastly, financial planning is crucial for both active income generation processes and retirement purposes.