Do You Think Smartphones Are Bad For Eyes?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Smartphones are a part of life. We all use them almost every day. They are being used by children nowadays. In the past this was not something we used to witness much and i think children and adults were more physically active back then. The creation of smartphone has made people lazy to some extent. I know that there are many advantages of using smartphones and i am not at all criticizing smartphones at all. However, we must make sure that using smartphones do not ruin our health. Many people (both children and adults) spend countless hours in front of smartphone screens and this might be bad for eyes. What's quite worse is the fact that they use smartphones in the dark at night in their bedrooms and this can indeed be bad for eyesight. So, Do You Think Smartphones Are Bad For Eyes?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't see anything wrong with people using smartphone because all these are electronic device that is needed in our everyday life especially in the modern society but sometimes spending most of your time every day on smartphone without doing any other thing can actually be bad for the eyes because too much concentration on the screen light is not good.

Good luck

Verified member
Smartphone has really been so helpful than causing harm to our eyes.it is very useful device that is very good for communication and it creates avenue for online trading and investment.it does not have any effect on the eyes since one is not using it close to the eye.except the user is having a sight issue before,that is when it may effect.

L

Lilly2021

Blue light filter does not seem enough often times...I believe our generation will see major problems when growing old

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have read many articles talking about how the rays of the phones can badly affect the eyes. I have not witnessed this but I won't be quick to say whether it is right or wrong but we only need to becareful when using phone because generally eyes should not be exposed to rays.

Jonaville

Not in all cases. If you use the smartphone during daytime, obviously it would have little to know effect whatsoever. However, if you use it excessively at night, it might cause some issues to the eyes. I usually put my screen brightness to lowest minimum, also, you can activate the eyecare mode at night.

Empress

Verified member
Smartphones may cause dry eye and irritation painful throbbing headaches around the eye region and even blurred vision but all this effect can take place if the screen of our smart phone is bright so we should not to brighten our smart phones to much to avoid eye strain effect