Do I need a laptop for affiliate marketing activities?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have decided to ask because some online earning opportunities require one to have a laptop only before being able to even commence activities, not to talk of when you even get to the stage of withdrawing your earnings.

Also there are some online earning activities that may not necessarily require laptops, but using laptops kind of makes every thing faster than it ordinarily would have been the case if one decides to give it a trial making use of a phone to do everything like you may be doing here on forums.

I really want us to share from experience, either our own personal experience or from the experience of people who we know that are into affiliate marketing for a long time and are really making some good money off it , unlike others who are looking for innocent people to scam I. The name of teaching them how to make money from affiliate marketing when they themselves have got no proof of a consistent earnings routine that would guarantee them done good credibility.

From my own naive perspective, I do not think a laptop should be really necessary since affiliate marketing has to do more with trying to help others sell and get some commission.

What do you think?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In the current business landscape, consumers are demanding greater and greater access to companies. Companies need to respond to this demand.
Therefore, it is advantageous for a company to be available online. This allows for operations on mobile devices and laptops. However, mobile phones have some distinct advantages over laptops when it comes to business.
First of all, mobile phones are much more private than laptops. While laptop computers are great for in-house customer service representatives, they can't leave the office and communicate with customers in high-profile settings. A mobile phone can easily be used anywhere from a customer's home to a public park.

Secondly, cell phones allow for much better connectivity with clients than laptops do. It is not uncommon for employees to work remotely these days. Employees can be working from their homes or even traveling abroad, but they still need to be able to connect with clients at all hours of the day and night on their mobile phones.

Finally, mobile phones are great tools for providing customer service when a customer is on the go! Modern life is extremely fast-paced, and customers often want to make purchases while they're driving or enjoying other activities that may not allow them to spend time using their laptop or desktop computer.

However, you will agree with me if I say, you can't do without owning both. Despite the advantages stated above, a laptop has a wider screen for great visibility, a wide keybored for convenient typing of words. A laptop can be used on all platforms, some registrations or tasks will require you to use a laptop.

Gemini

I have decided to ask because some online earning opportunities require one to have a laptop only before being able to even commence activities, not to talk of when you even get to the stage of withdrawing your earnings.

Also there are some online earning activities that may not necessarily require laptops, but using laptops kind of makes every thing faster than it ordinarily would have been the case if one decides to give it a trial making use of a phone to do everything like you may be doing here on forums.

I really want us to share from experience, either our own personal experience or from the experience of people who we know that are into affiliate marketing for a long time and are really making some good money off it , unlike others who are looking for innocent people to scam I. The name of teaching them how to make money from affiliate marketing when they themselves have got no proof of a consistent earnings routine that would guarantee them done good credibility.

From my own naive perspective, I do not think a laptop should be really necessary since affiliate marketing has to do more with trying to help others sell and get some commission.

What do you think?
I think a laptop is essential but that depends on your level of experience and how you want to reach your audience. In such a short period of time i have learned that there are limitless ways of reaching your audience.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Technology has gone beyond carrying laptop all around just to do an affiliate marketing which doesn't involve much analyses like forex and crypto. Since affiliate marketing only involves promotion of goods and products for commission, it can be easily done on phones for the following reasons.

Phones are handy, which means they can be accessible anytime and anyday and anywhere. They are easier to be carried all around since they are not that heavy. This means any transaction can be made anywhere and conviniently.

There is no doubt that battery level of phones last longer that that of laptop. So we don't need to be worried on the battery level of phone while using our phones to do some affiliate marketing programs.

Just like the commentator above me rightly concluded, there is nothing stopping one from having the two. This is because there are some affiliate marketing websites that are properly viewed and accessed on the laptop alone basically because of the screen size.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You will need a personal computer system for affiliate marketing. building a list of subscribers is one of the essential part of affiliate marketing if not the integral one.

When you want to build a list of subscribers, you will need to build a landing page where you will drive traffic to. It is not going to be easy to build a landing page with the use of smartphone.

You also need an autoresponder if you want to build a list of subscribers in the niche you are targeting in affiliate marketing. It is pretty much easier to set up an autoresponder on a computer system or laptop than smartphone.

You will need to write a series of follow-up emails together with formatting. This cannot be done effectively with the use of smart phone other than laptop.

It is pretty much easier to set up an advert account on personal computer system than smartphone. You will need a computer system to set up Facebook ads for your affiliate marketing campaign effectively.

Even if you want to use blog to promote affiliate marketing you still need a laptop or a PC to set up the website effectively. There are some features you are going to see very well on PC than using smartphone when you are setting up a WordPress.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The bitter pill that a lot of people do not want to swallow is that mobile phones cannot effectively make you money on affiliate marketing.
I am talking this from my perspective as someone that have been into affiliate marketing before and has attended a lot of affiliate marketing courses both on YouTube and some social media platforms like WhatsApp. If you really want to make a lot of money on affiliate marketing it is very much important you have a blog and it is no news that you cannot effectively run a blog with your mobile phone even though it may be possible.

As someone that wants to become very successful in Affiliate marketing it is very much important you buy a PC in order to start up a blog because it can go a long way in helping you make a lot of money as an affiliate marketer. Having a blog open you up to a lot of opportunities on the internet ranging from making money from Google adsense and also using affiliate products to make money.
There are some certain things that cannot really be done using mobile phones and this is one of the reasons why it is recommended to have a PC.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes laptop is absolutely needed if you are engaging in affiliate marketing but however it is not really compulsory that you will need to get a laptop first before you can start making money with affiliate marketing , I know some people that are engaging in affiliate marketing and they are really making money even though they are using a mobile phone . But even with this they still face some challenges especially if they needs to create a landing page because obviously creation of landing page is something that you will need a laptop to do perfectly .

Because of the landing page issue they will automatically request for a landing page service on fiverr and this can be delivered to in within a short period of time and he will pay between 5 to $10 depending on what he has requested for .

In any online business you are interested to engage laptop will be the best solution because a mobile phone will only be limited to so many things but with a laptop you can possibly explore so many complicated areas . Even though laptop may be good but both of them has their own advantage and disadvantages .