Do Grades Matter In School?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is common to see a lot of students who try to make it look as though great do not go any extent in determining how reliable somebody could be when it comes to the knowledge and application of a particular field .
I am of the opinion that gradey obtained from schools usually are a very good way to show who is really good at something and who would do a job far better than the other .

You have to come to terms with the fact that people who try as much as possible to come up with good grades, are usually very dedicated and would put in all their efforts to get any job done .

This is the major reasons why the top companies of the world try to make sure that they hire only the best brains to work for them .

I believe that parents should not make their children to have this mindset that grades do not matter at all .

If you check out the lifestyle of students whos have this mentality of grades not being of importance , they are not actually doing any other productive thing even when their peers are trying to make sure they come up with good grades.

What do you think?

This reminds me of my college days. I tried my best to be a scholar but my grades did not really get that high although they are above average. At the start of my 2nd year in the university I was surprised that several professors were asking who the scholars are in our class. What does that mean? My suspicion was that professors were giving some benefits to the scholars. Take note that scholars do not pay tuition so the preference that they are giving to those scholars mean financial aid. What about me? I had never tasted a scholarship status because I was disappointed with the educational system. It is always the human factor that prevails. The professor can give you a high grade if he wanted regardless of the results of the exam. In our sociology class I got 100 rating in the midterm exams. Guess what? I got a failing grade. Fortunately I complained to the instructor and my grade was changed to a passing one.

Grades matter in school, college as well as university. If you pass with low grades, you are restricted from a lot of opportunities. For example, if you secured a C in high school you may be restricted from applying to medical school or engineering school. If you passed your university education with an A, you may be a favorite candidate for your applied job. When you have good grades, it shows that you are intelligent and knowledgeable. Therefore, if you are a student you should always study hard and try to get good grades. You need grades to get a good job or study the subject of your choice