Different ways of making money as an artist

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Do you have the skills or you are already an artist but limited on thoughts or ideas of making money with your skills. There are different avenues you can make money with your skills. Check the following out:

• Start with teaching the skill online especially if you are an introvert. Instagram is a great platform
  • Sell your products both online and offline
  • Sell wall art this can be a passive income source for you
  • Avail yourself of any grants for those in your field
  • Enter into contests and competition to win the prize which is mostly money
  • Start an art blog
  • Take advantage of Esty marketplace to sell your artwork
  • Network with others during art exhibitions to get more clients
What your thought on this?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
An atriste or even artist needs to know how to sell himself. There are many talented people but they are unknown because they don't do much of exhibition. Just like the poster highlighted, there is nothing bad in starting without aiming at the money but the fame. This can be done by uploading one's works on social media for exhibition.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There are a lots of people in this world that has lots talents and skills. And also talents to become an artist but they don't know how to monetize their skills and talents. Not everyone is aware of how powerful the internet and social medias are truly are, especially people in my country are talented but a lot of them don't know their way out.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you're an artist one of the best ways of making people notice you used to create an online presence on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. Then you can definitely tell your followers to redo it or opposed to your work whenever you make a new painting or drawing.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
An atriste or even artist needs to know how to sell himself. There are many talented people but they are unknown because they don't do much of exhibition. Just like the poster highlighted, there is nothing bad in starting without aiming at the money but the fame. This can be done by uploading one's works on social media for exhibition.
I like the assertion, it is good to start without wanting to make all the money. Like they do say pay your dues first, then the money will naturally start rolling in. but the most important thing is to use the right channels that money can be made from to start out

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I was more engaged on rap music earlier on as a teenager. Up to now I can still rap fine, I do mimic P.diddy, and snoop Dogg rap style. They are my rap role model including the deceased 2pac. I opened a YouTube channel for my musical career, but discouragement from friends, family, and well-wishers cancelled my dreams out.

bracknelson

Do you have the skills or you are already an artist but limited on thoughts or ideas of making money with your skills. There are different avenues you can make money with your skills. Check the following out:

• Start with teaching the skill online especially if you are an introvert. Instagram is a great platform
  • Sell your products both online and offline
  • Sell wall art this can be a passive income source for you
  • Avail yourself of any grants for those in your field
  • Enter into contests and competition to win the prize which is mostly money
  • Start an art blog
  • Take advantage of Esty marketplace to sell your artwork
  • Network with others during art exhibitions to get more clients
What your thought on this?
Good idea, there are many skills in our world but they can’t get resources to make money. You added many resources thanks for sharing.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Good idea, there are many skills in our world but they can’t get resources to make money. You added many resources thanks for sharing.
Yeah you are right there are a good number of artists out there but always looking for means to make money. Knowing about different ways is really of utmost importance it will enable them have different options to making money. Following the above avenues that will them make money as easily as possible

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are many ways for artists to make money. Some work in music, some work in film, some write books and some paint pictures. There are lots of different ways to make money as an artist.

One way that many people take is by selling their products online. You can do this with art prints, paintings or even sculptures of your own design. You could sell them through eBay or Amazon or your own website. If you have a good eye for design then you might even want to design your own cards or prints and sell them on Etsy!

Another way of making money as an artist is by writing a book about your experiences in the creative world and selling it through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing or Ingram Spark eBooks (there are other publishers too). You can also self publish using CreateSpace or Blurb if you want to keep control over the distribution side of things.

AugusHoek

Many of my friends started teaching online and they made great profits.
I suggest everyone reading this, if you have a skill that you are fully proficient in, go and teach it to others! Help people grow and share your knowledge to the world!

P

Patricks

Making a living as an artist can be challenging, but it's certainly possible with the right strategy and mindset.

Your portfolio is the foundation of your career as an artist. It should showcase your best work and demonstrate your range of skills and techniques.

Networking with other artists can help you learn about opportunities, gain exposure, and collaborate on projects. Attend events and exhibitions, join artist groups, and connect with other artists online.

There are many ways to sell your artwork, including online marketplaces like Etsy, art fairs, galleries, and commissions. Make sure you price your artwork appropriately and have a clear understanding of the terms of the sale.

Consider creating merchandise such as prints, t-shirts, and other products featuring your artwork. This can be a great way to supplement your income and expand.
If you enjoy teaching, consider offering art classes or workshops. You can teach online or in person, and you can tailor your classes to students of all skill levels