Delegating the tasks to the subordinates

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I became operations manager in a software house I was lucky to have attended workshops and seminars for managers. I seemed to have mastered the art of delegating to the subordinates. The president and owner of the company was all praises for my management style.

Some managers I know wouldn’t teach their subordinates techniques on the job so they can have no rival in the position. But for me, I am confident that I am good in management (because that was my major in my college course). What’s important is that I know very well the task before I delegate it. When I have delegated all the dirty job then I have more time for the needed strategy and analysis in the operation.

To be frank, it is not easy to manage a department especially in the technical unit because you need full knowledge of technology aside from the managerial skills.

When I was working for a software company, our boss often went on business tours and was not available in the office for weeks. IN such situations he always appointed someone in the company to work as a manager and take decisions on his behalf. He never appointed the same person to look after the company, he rotated the job between the best performing employees.