Cutflower farm for production

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have seen the cutflower distributor in Manila. It is big business because so many vendors are lined up early in the morning to buy cutflowers. Whether there is an occasion or not the cutflower is bought for decoration to the home, office and business. The wholesaler said that demand for flowers is consistent so they should have a consistent supply. How about having a flower farm near the city?

My cousin had rented a big land in the suburbs that she planted to flowering plants. After a year her harvest is earning her good money. Unfortunately the owner of the land did not renew her lease after 2 years. The land was used for a townhouse compound.

I see cutflower production as a good money maker. The only problem is in finding a big land or at least 2 hectares to be leased.

arunima25

Verified member
Floriculture is a beneficial business. But it definitely needs a lot of care of the flowers. They are delicate ones and to have a good harvest one needs to take a very good care of the flower crop. One need to grow good quality flowers so that they can be sold. Here in our country we have courses in Agricultural department that focus on Horticulture and floriculture and how to make it into a career.