Creation of Cryptocurrencies and Unauthorized Mining.

Moni2402

Incorrect Sentence Format
I will give you a perspective on what I think based on what I have read on this topic.
Since the end of 2017, several cybersecurity analysts have been warning of the rise of websites containing JavaScript code whose purpose is to use the processing power of visitors to mine cryptocurrencies, given the widespread fever caused by the increase in the price of Bitcoin and coins. related. , and even despite the depreciation in early 2018.
Virtual currencies are a decentralized system for the exchange of values, this means that it is possible to carry out transactions directly with another person who accepts this type of currency without the need for a bank.
The cryptocurrency has been used in the black market of the deep web, because it is a public but anonymous system and it facilitates the transactions of legal and illegal goods. Soon, ransomware attacks forced users to pay in bitcoins in exchange for the encryption keys. In May 2017, those responsible for WannaCry demanded between $ 300 and $ 600 in this virtual currency, depending on the response time of the affected party. For these reasons, some linked the coin to criminal activity.
What is Cryptocurrency Mining?
Blockchain technology consists of a ledger or ledger that records the transactions that are carried out, known as blocks (hence the name). Every time a transaction is carried out, the information is distributed to each of the computers that belong to the network.
Cryptojacking:
In 2014, tools to mine Bitcoin began to emerge within a web browser so that the visitor could dedicate part of their computing capacity to solving the mathematical puzzle of mining, but towards the end of that year the technique was no longer used.
In this environment, Coinhive appeared, which in September 2017 launched a service that allowed mining the Monero cryptocurrency.
Coinhive is a JavaScript library that can be added to a website with the purpose of not having to rent an industrial warehouse, or buy GPUs, or spend on out-of-pocket electricity to mine.
What is cryptocurrency mining?
Blockchain technology consists of a ledger or ledger that records the transactions that are carried out, known as blocks (hence the name). Every time a transaction is carried out, the information is distributed to each of the computers that belong to the network.
Cryptojacking:
In 2014, tools to mine Bitcoin began to emerge within a web browser so that the visitor could dedicate part of their computing capacity to solving the mathematical puzzle of mining, but towards the end of that year the technique was no longer used.
In this environment, Coinhive appeared, which in September 2017 launched a service that allowed mining the Monero cryptocurrency.
Coinhive is a JavaScript library that can be added to a website with the purpose of not having to rent a warehouse, or buy GPUs, or spend on pocket electricity to mine.
However, this good idea was soon taken advantage of by cyber attackers who began to inject mining JavaScript into sites of all kinds. Since 2017, it has been detected that different sites, such as The Pirate Bay, took advantage of the computing power of their visitors for their benefit, without requesting permission from users.
But the criminals did not settle for using their own sites for this purpose, instead they began to inject the script into popular sites to take advantage of Internet traffic.

Nite

Valued Contributor
The mining of cryptocurrency requires a lot of computing power. It's a complex process and requires intense calculation. As a result, cybercriminals use high computational capability of supercomputers to smuggle it onto the computers of their victims. But with right security measures, illegal crypto mining can be prevented. Anti-virus programs should be installed on all the operating systems. Also, attention should be paid while surfing the web. The use of web filter is also recommended. All this will be helpful in providing protection against not just crypto mining malware, but also against other harmful content.

Last edited:

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as a well explain business man I will say I have my own area of speciality but when it comes to creating off crypto-currency I don't really know much about that but I do invest in cryptocurrency, but in the aspect of mining of cryptocurrency I will say. meaning of cryptocurrency is scam it's not real people only use that as a means to draw people to their website or drug more traffic into their sides

PICKFORD

Verified member
Is there really anything you can do about it. No there's nothing in the sense that people always finds means to make money either the right way or dey wrong way. Mining of crypto currency is like 90% scam. they are still legit site for mining some crypto currency shaa...

Nite

Valued Contributor
Cryptocurrency mining is performed using very sophisticated computers that solve extremely complex computational math problems. Cybercriminals use their highly capable supercomputers, so that they can smuggle cryptocurrency. To prevent that, the cyber security measures should be high, which will also be useful in preventing other dangerous content of the internet.