Common mistakes in digital marketing

Milen3000

Common mistakes in digital marketing

Prioritizing and organizing your tasks is essential
Whoever never came home after attending an event, with a thousand adrenaline, and came out registering domain after domain, raise your hand. I've done it dozens of times. To this day I have realized that focusing, prioritizing and planning make a difference.

Focus on something that you are really good at
All of us who work in digital marketing want to be successful. When I started in this field in 2007, I knew very little about it. Over the years, I have specialized in a few things that fall within the digital marketing niche, notably blogging, SEO, buying traffic (on and off Facebook), and affiliate marketing.

Not everything you read is going to work.
I usually say in my lectures or courses that in marketing the answer is always "it depends." There are no absolute truths in marketing, much less in digital marketing. This means that what you say may or may not work for your business. The same applies to everything you read on the Internet or watch on YouTube.

Investment in advertising and marketing
If you work for clients, you have probably realized by now that the vast majority of these clients view advertising investment as an expense. In reality, investment in advertising is marketing and that investment can have several objectives and several different results, be it branding, brand awareness, conversion, interaction, etc.

The only relevant number is the result
Numbers, numbers and more numbers. Digital marketing is packed with metrics, KPIs (key performance indicators), ROI, CRO, and many other acronyms. One of the most common mistakes in digital marketing is believing that all numbers are relevant and / or serve to determine the success of your actions.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the mistakes that I have seen a lot of people make when trying to advertise their products using digital marketing is that they always repeat the same Media campaign every time. If you are promoting one use of your product every single thing then your audiences are going to get bored after sometime.