Coinbase to Delist XRPw ETH BCH XLM

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Where one and the other wallet is establishing its base nowadays, the pillars of wallet are doing their own thing. Coinbase has just announced the delisting of Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum Classic (ETC) and Stellar Lumen (XLM) from its self-custody wallets.​

Screenshot_20221130-202712-002.png

Coinbase claims that these altcoins are being removed in small quantities, hence they are being removed, but this claim does not hold ground as self-custody wallets are mostly used for long-term hodls. Being underutilized is nothing new.

The date of delisting of these altcoins has been fixed on 5th December. Delisting by Coinbase will force hodlers of these altcoins to move their assets to other wallets which is not good for Coinbase.

This Coinbase strategy had angered people, this is not happening on the exchange but on the wallet, so now people are also doubting coinbase wallet that how a wallet can block them from using any crypto?

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
This is very bad news as BCH volume trading is really increased, may be XLM is good for earning but low earning scheme but for same ETC but it is wrong decision to remove BCH. Nowadays to pay merchant site using Coinbase you need to pass from exchanger BCH to LTC then pay with LTC.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The point is, many BCH supporters favour Coinbase, but now they will be forced to use another wallet. Coinbase is trying to drop its wallet from decentralisation by removing choice.

BCH is on its own, supporters of XRP are showing their anger too, they are backed by Ripple Lab (no such support for BCH, XML, ETC). But I do not find anything that supports coinbase's claim.

Coinbase says that these altcoins are used much less, howey, with all the shitcoins available there, people are arguing how much those coins are used?

Anyway I only have a NFT in Coinbase, so I am not worried, either one should remove their coins from Coinbase, or better they should import BCH them elsewhere.

If you have Coinbase wallet, then use its seed and import it to other wallet (this is to escape from transaction fees).

If you don't have these delisted crypto in Coinbase, then this won't effect you