Clever Ways to Increase Mobile App Reviews

Faith B

To generate more reviews for your mobile application;

1. One of the most effective ways to increase your app's reviews you can offer rewards to users who review your app; Rewards can be as simple as bonus coins, in-app features, and unlocked items, and they can be mentioned in pop-ups. However, these rewards should not influence the way users rate your application. In addition, it's important to follow app-store guidelines before implementing any sort of reward.​
  • offer incentives to your users. Offer rewards to players who rate your app and share their experiences on social media. Many mobile games feature in-game currency that can be obtained by watching ads or following developers on social media. This is especially important if you're a new app. People like to give feedback that they feel is helpful and constructive. If you can create an app with these features, it will get more positive reviews. There are a number of ways to get more positive reviews, and it's vital that you use all of them.​
  • Incentives are always a popular way to motivate users to leave positive reviews. By providing rewards, you'll be more likely to earn more app downloads and boost your ratings. You'll also be able to reward your users if you have a good reputation among them.​
  • Giving gifts and other incentives is a great way to encourage users to leave a review for your mobile app. Incentives for reviews are an important source of revenue for your business.​
2. Another great way to reward users is to encourage them to rate your application and review it; This will encourage them to give your app a five-star rating. you can encourage more reviews for your mobile app.

3. Another ways to increase mobile app reviews is to make the process as easy as possible; For example, if you have a pop-up in the app, you can ask your users to rate it. Then, they'll be more likely to write a comprehensive review. In addition to asking your users to rate your application, you can also run contests, but they should be simple. You should also consider using a powerful, secure mobile growth platform.​

moonchild

VIP Contributor
One of the ways to increase reviews for apps on playstore is to firstly, ask yourself is there a need I'm fulfilling, if there is then we can move forward and if there isn't, you have to go back to the drawing board and assess your idea and see how you can tilt it towards what people wants.

Secondly after fixing that, you can then go ahead and start marketing it, I'm not a fan of spending money to get users because I believe if I'm to ever build something it's going to be exceptional that I don't need to pay anyone to use it.

Get a subset of your market and start targeting them to use it and also get to with your friends and other people in your network and get them to use it, you'll get the initial boost you need to get going as per gaining organic users is concerned

Mika

VIP Contributor
I once had a mobile app published on play store. I managed to get 1000 downloads and 100 reviews just in a week. Do you know what strategies I applied? Well, I launched a campaign on a micro job site where I offered 14 cents for someone downloading my app and leaving review. My campaign was successful but do you know what happened after sometime? Well, all those who downloaded the app uninstall.So, there was no traffic and no revenue. I spent $100 for the campaign but managed to earn only 20 from the ad revenue when the campaign was running. I learned a lesson, if you are trying to pay people to download, install and review the app, it is just a waste of time as the people who download and install the app will uninstall the app once you pay them. The best method is organic method, second best method is advertising on other apps or Facebook

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I once had a mobile app published on play store. I managed to get 1000 downloads and 100 reviews just in a week. Do you know what strategies I applied? Well, I launched a campaign on a micro job site where I offered 14 cents for someone downloading my app and leaving review. My campaign was successful but do you know what happened after sometime? Well, all those who downloaded the app uninstall.So, there was no traffic and no revenue. I spent $100 for the campaign but managed to earn only 20 from the ad revenue when the campaign was running. I learned a lesson, if you are trying to pay people to download, install and review the app, it is just a waste of time as the people who download and install the app will uninstall the app once you pay them. The best method is organic method, second best method is advertising on other apps or Facebook
You paid too fast, and this is where you missed the point. I would tell them to keep the app for 30-60 days (depending on the revenue possibility), and would have promised them 50% revenue share instead of fixed 14 cents. This would have let those users to keep the app for future passive earning, but uninstallers would only lose the earning.