Children and pets

Stena

Hello there!
Do you know the great effect a household pet has on children?
These days, it is difficult to come across a home without a pet because parents have come to know the role these pets play in bond building.

Pets also play a role in the development of children socially and emotionally, and has helped improve self esteem.

Studies have shown that children who grow in homes with pets have less chances of developing common allergies.

Playing with pets can help reduce blood pressure and cuddling a pet curbs stress and anxiety. It teaches children responsibility and provides companionship.

Did you grow up with a pet?
What benefits do you think this provided you?

Old folks say that when a child is fond of an animal that means he is a kind person. That may not be true but I have noticed that kids who have a pet are more obedient than kids who do not care for pets. I agree with the mental development of a child when he has a pet because he would be more concerned with other things. The pet is like a stepping stone so that the child will understand things in the house. When there is a leaking faucet the child would understand that it needs to be fixed. I know some kids who do not care about such minor problems at home simply because they are happy go luck. Yeah, the pet can make the child responsible because taking care of a pet is responsibility already that can help in the formation of the child's psychology. I was not really a pet lover when I was a boy although I remember taking care of a duckling and later a rooster.

Old folks say that when a child is fond of an animal that means he is a kind person. That may not be true but I have noticed that kids who have a pet are more obedient than kids who do not care for pets. I agree with the mental development of a child when he has a pet because he would be more concerned with other things. The pet is like a stepping stone so that the child will understand things in the house. When there is a leaking faucet the child would understand that it needs to be fixed. I know some kids who do not care about such minor problems at home simply because they are happy go luck. Yeah, the pet can make the child responsible because taking care of a pet is responsibility already that can help in the formation of the child's psychology. I was not really a pet lover when I was a boy although I remember taking care of a duckling and later a rooster.
That's feels good to know.
The way this plays with the psychology of kids and makes them more responsible is what fascinates me.
I grew up with a dog we named Danny, with him my siblings and I did a lot of 'parent play' which was a subconscious practice of being care givers.