Cheap products but not durable

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you are the manager of a retail store (online or offline) would you care to sell a product that is very cheap but not durable? However, the product is very convenient to use and effective in its purpose. The only downside is that you do not know when it will break down. But it can last longer than you think if you handle the product with care.

IMG_8018 new garden hose from 09-13-2020.JPG
One actual example is the flexible garden hose that you can see in the picture. It costs only $2 and would last for 3 to 6 months depending on the use and care. The hose expands when the faucet is turned on that it reaches a length of 50 feet. But when the water is turned off the hose automatically shrinks to about 10 feet or less. It is very easy to put back to storage. That is the main reason why I buy that cheap product.

Whether you want to go for a cheap product with low quality or a high cost price with good quality and durability will depend on your choice. And this choice can be a result of many factors. It can be the budget that you have. And also if one feels that it is not worth to spend fortune on a garden hose, one can go for cheap ones that are convenient and it doesn't hurt to replace it in some time. It would have served the price.

Depends on my customers. There are people who want the products to be cheap, they do not want to spend a lot of money and they may accept low-quality products but do not want to pay an extra dime. However, there are also people who can pay extra just to have a durable product. The kind of products I sell depends on the types of customers I have.

Depends on my customers. There are people who want the products to be cheap, they do not want to spend a lot of money and they may accept low-quality products but do not want to pay an extra dime. However, there are also people who can pay extra just to have a durable product. The kind of products I sell depends on the types of customers I have.
You are very right there. And it all depends on the customers. The sales person are very smart to gaze the kind of buyers they have and they sell products accordingly. And the same person can be a different kind of consumer at different times. For example, I am one of those who can go both ways. For a thing like garden hose, I would not spend a fortune. I will go for cheap and durable stuff. But when it comes to something like a gadget and electronic appliances, I don't mind shelling out some extra money to get the best quality product.