Chances of finding the perfect tenant for your rental property

Ramolak19

Verified member
To ensure that you find someone who is reliable and responsible to rent property and it’s important to thoroughly screen potential tenants by conducting background checks and credit reports. This will help you determine if they have a history of paying rent on time or if they may pose a risk as a tenant.

Make sure to ask questions about their employment status and income level in order to verify that they can afford the monthly rent payments. You should also require references from previous landlords so you can get an idea of how well behaved the applicant was during their last tenancy agreement.

Consider meeting with each prospective tenant in person so that you can assess whether or not they would be a good fit for your property based on personality traits such as cleanliness and respectfulness towards others living nearby.

I have always been successful with my tenants and ensure I always do the following.

1. Take the opportunity to personally meet them so you can get a feel for the type of person they are
2. Ensure you carry out affordability checks by checking their monthly salary against the rent
3. Ask for a previous reference
4. Ask for a guarantor if your rent will not leave them with a high disposable income after rent deduction.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
You could be successful with your tenants if everything with contract but half of people rent without any kind of contract and this will lead to future problems.

homesolutions

Thoroughly vet potential tenants with background checks, credit reports, employment verification, and landlord references to find reliable, responsible renters who can afford the rent. Meet in person to assess fit.