Can trading be a full-time job?

Assuming that anybody is picking trading as a full-time vocation choice, then, at that point, there are numerous advantages to it as follows: ... One can plan and fabricate a vocation at his own speed. You can work for yourself. With right information and methodology, you can bring in nice cash from the business sectors.

funmi

Verified member
Yes. One can make trading to be a full -time job. Some people that and they have their offices where they go to do their trade. Some even set a section or space apart bin their living room, they set the place like a office where they perform all their transactions online.
Since trading is an online work one can do it any where as long as you have your gadgets and internet connection ready. Trading takes time naturally because one needs to settle down, study, and forecast the movement of the trade before investing in order to know the right time and direction to follow.. It requires you to be focused in order not to mske mistakes too.

Victorial

Undoubtedly yes. One can take trading as a full time job. I want to take it as a full-time job because I see many opportunities in it. There is no job out there that can provide you with the kind of money forex trading can give you. It just requires more time and dedication but I will go at my pace. Since I am working for myself, I can easily set my daily limit and stop each time I want to.

There is no crime in choosing that. Some say it is risky and it is true but money is involved more than any offline business and all business is not completely risk free

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes it is very possible. There are many people that used to do confidently without any problem.
It will be easy if such a person or an individual knows how to manage their business very well .
Many people who does that knows how much they use to get from the business to the extent if you offer them another job like government job they can not take it again because its too small to what they usually realise from their business.
One will also be independent because no body will be controlling them and they will be able to decide what to do by themselves.
Intact some people employed many worker to be helping them because the business is now wide and big.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Actually, it depends on the individuals. I know of guy that depends on trading full time. But I will not advise anybody to go into except he knows the skill involved. A person that wants to make trading full time must not combine anything else with the trading. He needs to be monitoring the movement of the coin for him to know when to set stop loss and know when to exit from trading thst is not favoring him.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
What kind of trade are you referring to? If it's trading crypto or trading forex, it's indeed a reasonable way to be making money. Undoubtedly, people are making money trading every day. Unfortunately, trading is not really what anyone can just jump upon. I believe trading requires some level of skills.

Skysaint

Verified member
Yeah, I guess that's not impossible. There are many who actually depend on trading for earning their full time income and I guess, somehow they were able to cope.
What I am saying in essence is that, it wouldn't be a good idea to depend wholely on your trades for earning a full time income as the market for fluctuate sometimes and if you should depend on it wholely, then you should be sure that you won't have a constant stream of income. You might earn better this month and next month might not be so good. So I kind of see it as a risk and won't advice anyone to go for it.
The best thing to do is to try gain a source that you will earn a steady income so as to help yourself with whenever the market becomes bearish and not favourable. And most importantly, we should know that you can't just start trading from no where, you need to first make an investment from your money; hence the need to get a side job or business with atleast a steady flow of income.

E

eldavis

Trading can actually be a full time job, there is no issue with that. It depends on the trader and the level of skill they have and of cause the amount of confidence they have in their skill. Though I would not advice anyone to just rely on trading as the only source of income, it would be wise to also startup something offline too as well, so the days the trade does not go well, you can have something to fall back to that being stranded.

Godfather

Yes it is very possible. There are many people that used to do confidently without any problem.
It will be easy if such a person or an individual knows how to manage their business very well .
Many people who does that knows how much they use to get from the business to the extent if you offer them another job like government job they can not take it again because its too small to what they usually realise from their business

goodmoneygoodlife

Making a million bucks in your underwear is entertainment. Meaning: it's pure fantasy lol. Trading stocks can't be your full time job, because statistically speaking, it's remarkably unlikely to beat the market. Even if you're a hedge fund.

Seriously, go and google 'day trading statistics' and you'll see how unlikely it is for you to win in trading in the long term.

I literally could give any one of you $100 million dollars to hire the smartest people on earth to try to day-trade. I'm confident within 2 years every single one of you will turn the $100 million into a lot less than $100 million if you day-trade.

Be smart. Just buy a low-cost index fund. Enjoy diversification. Manage risk. And be patient. That's how the truly rich people get disgustingly rich. By not day trading.

Conversely, day trading is how people who used to be rich become very not rich in a very short amount of time.