Can Online Course Get Someone a Job

Olajidey

There is different course online nowadays and it is a paid course that someone can opt-in for, it can be either a week course or a month course. But the one thing I am worried about is the this so call course that you paid for before you have access to it can it really get someone a job. examples of site that people enrol to study one of the top site is Udemy.
Udemy is an American open online course for anyone who is interested in the course it has over one hundred and thirty thousand courses with over 35 millions subscribers.
Can it be possible to use online course to secure a job?

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Well, it sounds a good question to me as an undergraduate student doing B.Tech. But, I would say that the courses you do are worth it only when you consistently work on it. Because, what happens is when we do a course on platforms you mentioned of are of a duration of few days or maximum it extends up to a month. Once you learn a skill from there, you need to practically perform it. I also miss these things once or twice I remember when I did courses.

Other than that, the courses that are on those platforms are quite good and can give you money, of course.

Jonaville

I don't think certificate from online courses alone is enough for someone to secure a job. Instead, it can be added to your curriculum vitae as part of your qualifications. Unless you studied an online university and obtain a degree. So without a degree, you might not be able to land a credible job that can sustain you and your family if you have one. Single courses studied online can only be used as a supplement or additional qualification, not use it it solitarily.

Maks25

Truth is most potential employers in Nigeria don't accept online degree, and if you're presenting it to boost your already acquired regular degree (B.sc, Hnd..etc) it would in no way serve as an added advantage to you on employment basis.

Reasons why your online degree would be greeted with an austere approach include.

1. Lack of rigor.

2. Lack of face-to-face interactions with your lecturers