Can getting education be an investment

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Education is indeed an investment. We all go to school and gain knowledge and among the reasons for doing that, there is getting am employment and gaining from it.
So getting education is indeed an investment even though, there are people who tend to argue this nowadays claiming that getting employment even with a School certificate is hard and so education is no longer an investment but rather a waste of time, energy and resources.

Well, that may be partly true but not completely. The main aim of education has in your life is to arm you with the weapons while you will be the one to determine your victory in battle based on how you apply the skills and knowledge.
If you have the thought that you go to school because you will after graduation, get employed by the government and be paid, then that is a wrong mindset that will later on land you in frustration.

Get education for the purpose of improving your skills and abilities and you will find out that education is an elevator that eases your journey upstairs.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In my country, they say education is a scam. I don't blame them though. It is because so many people went to school, graduated, and are still unemployed. My opinion is that education is a huge investment if it is done properly. Educating a person on the necessary things he needs to be educated on is a valuable investment.

I recently met a graduate of computer science and I was expecting this person to be a guru in coding. To my greatest shock, this person didn't know anything about coding. That kind of education is a waste of time and resources. Education is supposed to empower you to explore the world. Education that achieves this core objective is an investment worth it. If education gotten fails to meet up with this goal, it is surely a waste.

Forse

Education is an investment in yourself. It is the best investment of all. I feel sorry for those who do not understand this statement until now.

Suba

Staff member
The progress of a country is determined by human resources, so education is very important both for yourself, your family and the nation. So that the government has educational standards ranging from elementary school to doctoral level. Even the government free tuition for 12 years. So that education makes people smart, skilled and able to compete in the world of work. But education does not guarantee someone to be successful in a career. K

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Education is not an investment because what you learn at university is not the same in the work world you will see a lot of difference means it needs to work on companies to learn what is required exactly in the market.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are tow purpose of getting Education one, you build your knowledge, skills, and intelligence, and two, equip yourself with resources that you can use later in your life to build and income. Despite getting Education if people are still unemployed, it is not the fault of Education. People don't get jobs for a couple of reasons, one, jobs are not available (this is the case in many developing countries) two, you don't have the right skills and knowledge to get a job, and three, you are too lazy to work hard to get a job (this applies to people who are very choosy about the job they want to do). If you have Education, and you still don't have a job you can use your knowledge and skills to become self employed. Without Education, you cannot do anything decent to build an income source. Education is an investment that will give returns until you die