Business of trees: Timber, palm tree and Moringa tree

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Good day everyone....in this thread I want to tell you how you can ultilize that part of your father's land that is not being used for now.... Or have you been having the idea of going into farming but you don't want the one that will disturb your current job or studies... Then this thread is for you... For people that knows much on this topic than me... You can contribute as my knowledge about this business might not be too up-to-date......
Investment in trees is an investment that will always give you money no matter the matter... It does not take much of your time and resources and what this kind of farming needs is just water.... Don't be scared of fire outbreak.... This trees can resurrect themselves after 2 or 3 rain... Let's look at the 3 trees I mentioned...

TIMBER: This is the tree that are used for electrical pools before the introduction of concrete pool... But forget about limiting yourself to Nigeria... Now the exportation of this tree by other countries is now high... All you need is your land... A large land... Get the tree roots.... Plant them in large quantity... When I mean large... I mean in millions... Wait for 5 years and start to answer people about how you are a ritualist... And the years of this tree is not limited to 5 years even at 3 or 2 years you can sell them but they will be more cheaper then... Here in Nigeria.. they sell those 2 year or 3 years at the price of 30 thousand naira... But the 5 years is mainly sold at the price of 55/60 thousand naira... I don't have any idea for the exportation price.

PALM TREE: Everything about palm tree is money.... The tree itself, the leaves, the nut and the wine... You will make tons out of this tree also... The price of the per tree... If being sold to people that buy farm for a particular months from the farmers... Varies from 150 thousand naira to 200 thousand naira... It's so cool right... Just get the root... Plant it... Leave it for 5 to 7 years and watch people accuse you of ritual... Lol... Just trying to be funny...

MONRIGA: Okay so just like palm tree nothing is a waste on the monriga tree... The roots, the seeds , the bark, the stems and the leafs... Sadly you can only get money from monriga if you can do the trouble of exportation... You just have to plant it and when it's all matured.... Process the leafs for sales... But for the exportation.. there are some companies that buy from small scale farmers without clearance... They then use their own clearance to export it out of the country....

With 5 acres of land and this long term investment... You are definitely gonna be rich... And like I said don't be afraid of fire outbreak... After few rain... They resurrect....

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Actually, in the rural areas these trees are rampant. Palm tree is one of the most useful trees ever known to man. Everything in a palm tree is very useful, is fruit can be used to make palm oil, the nuts can be eaten or used to make Vaseline and so many other things. The leaves are used to make broom.
Moringa leaf on the other hand is very medicinal I can be used to treat so many sicknesses.

eojo2401

I will preferred to invest in Palm tree, because it is highly lucrative business ventures. Although it is a capital intensive business but if one can get a support or additional financing from the government or international Development Association, you will have every reason to praise God for giving you the grace to venture into it. Everything on palm trees is money. Broom, palm oil, palm karnel and so on.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have really suggested a highly lucrative business. But most people don't go into this business because they thought it is local or mainly meant for the rural people. This is not true. Mostly, furniture is used in the urban areas. This means the business can serve as a source of raw materials for these furniture. Moringa as well is highly medicinal and can be useful for the pharmaceutical companies.

marcusfe

This is business is an hidden gold mine that many people do not put their eyes. Though it comes with it's many challenges but if one can breakthrough those challenges, the aftermath will be good news. There some improved variety of timbers these days that can become grown up and mature in less than five years. The moment the timber start to get mature then you've started making money.

Teatea

These are part of agriculture that is not really explored because people are overlooking it because of the stress and time. I don't know much about timber but I know a little about palm tree products and monriga. I even know people that are into it full time and they make really big money every year. Monriga can be traded not only through exportation, there are people that use it for their products in the country.

Ekuvero

Most of these trees can easily be found in our environ especially that of palm trees whose economical value is of high quality due to the numerous things the products of palm trees can be use for the palm oil has been one of the major products from the palm tree and its nut are been used to produce a local Vaseline while it's shell can also be sold. While that of timber has been of high economical values timbers are very lucrative and with its numerous uses one can venture into this business either exporting to other countries like Lebanon

Khezo

You have suggested a very good business idea for people to make money with. I do believe these tree business is a very lucrative one. As we know in the rural area there are lot of trees especially this kind of trees you've mentioned above so one could easily get involved in this business to make good income. Let's talk about exporting this trees, that would also generate very good income .

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
In fact that palm tree is very superb in the sense that, all the body of palm tree is very important.
Out of this very tree you can get broom use to sweep,one can get palm oil use to cook and very mediciner ,in fact all the body of palm tree is money.
Monringa is very important and good for health issue.
Timber also is very good and useful for building house. All these trees is very good and profitable.

Highflyer

This is a very lucrative business idea to invest into. However you should know that you have to dedicate a lot of time and care to these trees for them to yield you profit. Timber is very good as it is used for making paper, plywood, etc asides furniture making. The best trees you can plant for timber here in Nigeria are teak and the malaina tree, they are hard woods and do not spoil easily. Oil palm is good too as you can either process your oil yourself or lease it out to those who harvest the palm nuts for making their own oil.