Building a flat for rent or Buying a land for resale?

Rena

I want to invest into real estate and am considering either buying a land and resale latter when it appreciate or build a flat and lease it out.

Please which of these methods is more profitable?

Etini

Valued Contributor
It generally depends on your goals as a real estate investor. For me, I believe in the long term approach of renting it out and earning income from it gradually for years. Having to buy and resell would give you your yield mega once and for all to settle you. That means you can get your entire Returns on Investment within three years and that's that.

Why I love the Idea if renting out is that you can live to get the returns on your investment overtime, bequeath it to your children and they benefit from it for a long time too and you also still end up selling it at a much appreciated price.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Having their own pros and cons, both the construction of a flat for rent and buying land for resale. Constructing a flat for rent can ensure steady rental income, but it necessitates substantial initial capital expenditure and continuous maintenance. On the other hand, buying land for resale might generate more money back; however, it also carries with it the risk of failing to find a buyer or having to wait until market conditions are favorable. Finally, you need to consider your individual financial goals and attitude towards risk before deciding on one option over another.