Blogging For Beginners - How to Pick a Niche

Faith B

The most important thing to remember when starting a blog is to keep it simple. There is so much to learn, and you may want to change your mind at various times. In order to avoid making mistakes and save your energy for more complex tasks, make sure that you have a website set up and running before tackling the next step - creating blog content. Creating the first blog post may be easier than you think, but you need to focus on the basics.
  • The first step in starting a blog is choosing a topic to write about; Choose a topic that interests you. If you are writing for an audience of women in their 20s, they are probably interested in a variety of topics. To begin with, choose a topic you are passionate about and one that you have knowledge about. If you want to make money blogging, choose a topic that will keep your readers interested. It will take time and patience to build a successful blog.​
  • Choose a niche that you have a passion for; Researching your target audience will help you decide on a topic that you are passionate about. You may be able to write about a topic for years, which is even better than blogging about the same subject multiple times. And while this can be challenging, it's worth it in the long run. It will give you the confidence to write about something that you really care about.​
  • Choose a topic that you know about; You should be able to write confidently about this topic, but you should not be completely ignorant of it. Also, you should choose a topic that is relevant to your interests. Once you've decided on a topic, try to see if there is already an audience that would be interested in it. You can use the keywords to find out whether there is a paying audience in your chosen topic.​
  • Choose a topic that interests you; This will help you avoid making the mistake of writing about a topic that you don't like. If you enjoy writing, you'll have a more productive blog. If you have no interest in a particular topic, it won't be a good idea to start a blog. If you're not passionate about it, you won't be able to write about it as well as you might if you're passionate about it.​
  • Before starting your blog, you must first identify your audience; The target audience should be interested in the topic you're writing about. If you are writing about a topic you're unfamiliar with, you may be too vague and unable to attract readers. For this reason, you should talk to people who are familiar with your topic. Those people are likely to be more responsive to your content. You should also ask them about their needs, so they can understand your niche better.​

Good one, choosing a very good niche can be very challenging for people who are venturing into blogging newly and their inability to choose good niches would probably make them to waste a lot of time and actually not succeed as they should.

Sometimes people wonder if they should choose niches that they have passion for or the niche that is currently trending which has the potential to make them a lot of money. Sometimes it is very important you put your passion aside and follow the money. If the niche you have passion for is not making money and then there are other niches that a lot of people are making money from, it is also important you try as much as possible to venture into it.

One thing you need to consider before you pick a niche is how competitive and lucrative with it is. Sometimes the underrated niches can fetch you a lot of money because a lot of people are not on it and therefore it is not very competitive.

This is one of the reasons why a lot of people do not succeed in blogging because they are always looking at the most competitive ones not knowing that there are a lot of people that have established themselves on those niches.

Let's say I am very much interested in poetry, I also have knowledge of poetry. Can I blog on poetry? Well, based on what the OP has said here I should blog about poetry because I am interested in poetry and I have knowledge of poetry. Now, let me ask you a question, can I make money by blogging about poetry. Probably not. If I cannot make money, what's the point in choosing a niche that I am interested in and the niche I have knowledge of. The OP has shared 5 point guide in blogging and interestingly, the first 4 points take about the same thing.
If you want to blog if you want to build traffic on your blog if you want to make money on your blog, choose a topic that gets high volume traffic and has a high CPC rate. High volume traffic means the topic keyword getting more than 5k search hits per month. High CPC is the topic that gets high bids from the advertisers. Now, you might ask what if I have no knowledge on the topic that is gets high volume traffic? Well, you can look for the second best option or even the third or fourth-best option.

A blog is a business and it's all about making money, except if you never plan to monetize. I believe instead of trying to find a niche around what you love, you should start from looking at what can be monetized. This can be a lot of work as most profitable niches are now highly saturated, but its still easier than wasting time on something that people will not read. You can still find a way to make it about something you love, like a lover of books writing about new and upcoming authors and books.

Another mistake that I've noticed is that people choose to write about something they have no knowledge of. No matter how profits the niche is, when you write on something you have little knowledge of, it shows and people are turned off by it.

Blogging for beginners means you’re just getting started in the world of creating your own blog. There are a few things you need to consider when you’re creating a blog from scratch, including choosing a niche and finding hosting for your blog.

Once you have those two things determined, you can start creating content for your blog, which is the best part. When it comes to blogging for beginners, there are a few tips you can follow to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Choosing a Niche for Your Blog

The first thing you have to do when it comes to blogging for beginners is decide what niche you’re interested in. A niche is basically the focus of your blog—what topic or idea will carry through all of your posts? Choosing the right niche can be tough because there are so many options out there, but if you take some time to think it through and narrow down the options, then you’ll know exactly what kind of blog you want to create.

Determining Your Niche

Once you have an idea of what your niche should be, it’s time to do some research. Look at popular blogs that cover your topic and see if they’ve found success with it.

There are a lot of people who are very confused about a particular place that they should start making money online and have decided to go for blogging. Blogging in itself is very complex as there is a lot of information that you can be able to write about but choosing a particular niche in which you are going to focus on and then try to build on it is often going to take you in the right direction. It is completely ok for you to choose more than one niche but then you should not over expose yourself and anything 2 to 3 is perfectly okay.

1. Passion . If you are willing to write articles that your audience are going to enjoy then it is only expected that you should write articles that you yourself enjoying reading and that is why passion should be your number one.

2. Sellable . You will definitely not want to write articles that nobody is going to be interested about like cricket. You should instead focus more on creating articles that a lot of people are going to want to read all it actually solves a real world problem of people as it makes it easy for you to monetize .