Bitcoin or Altcoin: Which is Better Investment

Mika

VIP Contributor
When it comes to crypto investment, you have two options, one, invest in Bitcoin, and two, invest in altcoins. Bitcoin is the most reliable form of cryptocurrency, but is this best when it comes to profit from cryptocurrency?

At the beginning of 2021, Solana was about $2, in November it reached $260. In the same period, Bitcoin rose from $29K to $68K. In 2021, Solana rose by 17500 percent, whereas bitcoin rose by just over 100 percent.

A lot of crypto coins went high in 2021 and most of the coins gained more value than Bitcoin.

It is risky to invest in the emerging coin, however, if you choose to invest in the coins that are in the top chart according to market cap and have been around for some time, I think investing in altcoin can be better than investing in Bitcoin. When bitcoin gains value, altcoins will also gain value but the percentage growth is higher than Bitcoin.

Suba

Staff member
As a crypto investor in my opinion, there is nothing better but mutually supportive, Altcoins are very useful as a diversified investment. because both Bitcoin and Altcoin sometimes go up or down simultaneously, sometimes there is also an Altcoin season or Bitcoin season. Although in principle the price of Altcoins is mostly measured by the value in Bitcoin so many people will assume that the price of Altcon will follow Bitcoin, but that is not the case.

E

eldavis

A lot of persons would say Bitcoin simply because of its value and how popular it has become, but personally would rather invest on altcoins than Bitcoin. My reason for this is cause I believe there is a higher chance to gain more profits in altcoins of lesser value than investing on Bitcoin. The beauty of altcoins is that it gives investors the opportunity to invest while the value is still low and gain massive profits. Those who benefited from Bitcoin are does who actually invested while the coin was still very low in value.

Skysaint

Verified member
Right from the day one, I really don't like Bitcoin as an investment choice because of two reasons.
One is that the coin has attained a very high value and if your investment amount is not also huge then you wouldn't make profits from your investment even if you wait for months.
Secondly is the fact that Bitcoin do rise with a very low percentage at a time and that's very bad for a day trader who tries to make money on a daily basis. I can't really remember the last time Bitcoin went high with about 20% at once, it has been always less than that which spells bad investment choice for me.

I think altcoins are doing very much better than Bitcoin. Coins like litecoin could be a viable and better alternative to Bitcoin in terms of making crypto currency investments.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well , I am a cryptocurrency investor and not really that I invest so much money in cryptocurrency as I used to. There are so many things I have to do with money offline that is why I cannot invest as I used to anymore . The point I am trying to raised is that I don't really have anything to do with bitcoin because it can never be a profitable Investment for me because of the fact that I am investing a little amount of money.

To be able to make something profitable as a bitcoin investor then you should be able to invest thousands of Dollars.
And the point is that it will all depend on people's research , There are so many upcoming cryptocurrency with a low market cap that has the possibility of becoming x50 from now on which may not be possible with bitcoins because of its huge market cap.

Peninsula

Here are a few reasons why altcoins are considered better than Bitcoin:
1. Altcoins tend to be more volatile than bitcoins, which means that there is more potential for profit.

2. Altcoins are often cheaper than bitcoins, so you can get more for your money.

3. There are a lot of different altcoins available, so you can diversify your portfolio and reduce your risk.

4. Many altcoins have unique features and benefits that make them more attractive than bitcoins.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
This is tricky, but Bitcoin of-course. Altcoins are alternatives to Bitcoin, also most are alternatives to one another (like describing SHIB as DOGE killer). Bitcoin is King, and all Pro crypto countries are accepting Bitcoin before any other cryptocurrency.

Moreover, Bitcoin Hodlers are able to launch their own crypto that is backed by their BTC reserve. This feature is not available with Altcoins. However, Ethereum Hodlers, among all altcoins, are able to launch their NFT, DeFi, Tokens, etc.

So, when it comes to Ethereum, there might be no justification compared to it. Both will have an edge.

Another thing is PoS Altcoins like Matic, ADA etc. They have a stake and earn policy. You don't even need to invest with a third party; simply stake your own and watch your assets grow.

Abessive

I can’t think of any altcoin coming close to bitcoin. But looking at the current scenario, I believe cardano can be a good option for short-term trading. It is getting close to ethereum but since there is no guarantee, taking some risks won’t hurt much.

benjonas222

Yes, I will go with Bitcoin but here I will say that please don't trust blindly. There are some altcoins that have good potential and that are stable than bitcoin. Bitcoin is not stable this time but ethereum is stable than this. I will suggest you to checkout Bitcoinsensus to go for more knowledge.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Bitcoins is a nice cryptocurrency and so many people consider it to be the best for investment . All I can say is that bitcoins is very good and is trusted by so many people. If you have the money needed to invest in the Bitcoin project profitably then I don't see any reason why you should be looking forward to invest in other cryptocurrency except you still have extra money to do so.

Alternative cryptocurrency is not like bitcoins because most of them has a very low market cap compared to bitcoins as a whole. It is mostly suitable for investors who do not have enough money to invest in Bitcoin profitably and as a result of this getting and investing in alternative cryptocurrency with lower market cap could ensure high possibility of making profit in the future. The only disadvantage is that alternative cryptocurrencies sometimes could be risky in most cases.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Bitcoin is a very good cryptocurrency , nobody is disputting it but the altcoin is also very important because when you buy the altcoin when it came out newly, there's every probability that you would make a huge profit from it in the future because it will definitely rise just like the example you gave about solana rising tremendously from $2 to the point it is today. This is a good example of how to invest in cryptocurrency most especially when it first came out or when it is listed newly in the cryptocurrency exchange. it will be a great advantage to have such cryptocurrency in one's portfolio because by the time it rises you would make huge amount of profit

Bitcoin was traded below $1 when it first came out but now bitcoin has gone up so high that if you have one piece of Bitcoin, you are extremely rich. All I am saying in essence is that it is better to buy the coin when it first came out or when it was first listed in the crytpocurrency exchange, and keep it or hold it for a very long period of time for you to make huge amount of profit from it. You can hold it for up to 10 years or 20 years if you are willing to make huge profits

Shaf

Verified member
It depends on two things for me. The first is how much you have as your capital. Because of it's large market cap, a larger amount of money would be needed to make significant profits if you invest in Bitcoin. That makes it to have lower volatility and profits than altcoins.
With a small amount of money, investing in altcoins would be more profitable as long as you do it right.

The second thing is your trading or holding strategy. For long term holders , Bitcoin is the most profitable. It is also a good option for traders who want something with lower volatility but more predictable price movements. Altcoins can go down in price as fast as they go up, and that can get you liquidated if you trade futures.

Generally, it's best to have a combination of both. Bitcoin is a haven for the future while you use altcoins to make more money to invest in Bitcoin.

Canzone

If I have to consider the current scenario I think altcoins are better in terms of many things. I used to be a huge BTC fan but recently I am trying to explore altcoins too.

Squamation

Bitcoin and alternative cryptocurrencies are both erratic because cryptocurrencies are still a speculative asset class. Bitcoin and alternative cryptocurrencies share many similarities. They are both peer-to-peer systems that can be used as a means of exchange in online transactions to pay for goods and services. Investors require a digital wallet in order to buy, sell, or store either Bitcoin or altcoins. Both types of cryptocurrencies are decentralised, which means neither a third party nor a centralised organisation is required to process transactions or manage a specific Bitcoin or altcoin network.
Although nobody can predict the future, it is always possible for another cryptocurrency to surpass Bitcoin in popularity. Although Bitcoin currently holds a monopoly position in the market, there are other cryptocurrencies with blockchain networks that function differently and provide features that Bitcoin does not. The cryptocurrency market is dominated by bitcoin, whose trading volume and market value are unparalleled. It was the first of its kind, and it has the biggest altcoin network. The performance of altcoins and the entire cryptocurrency market is gauged against the benchmark of bitcoin.

smth445

Honestly, it seems to me that ideally it is better to invest in both. But given the choice, I would prefer to invest in privacy coins like CRP from Utopia P2P u.is. Over time, they will break into the top.