Bitcoin Halving: Is it Necessary?

Shaf

Verified member
The best time to plan for making money in cryptocurrency is during the accumulation phase of a bear market, and knowing about Bitcoin halving helps as it can help you plan ahead.

Bitcoin halving happens every four years, but it brings about fears from newbies that their coins would be cut in half. What happens is that it is the rewards for miners that is cut in half, which is a way to ensure that the amount of Bitcoin that would be mined would always remain at 21 million coins only.

The next is expected to happen in 20224 after the last one happened in 2020, which was followed by a bull run in 2021. The main reason this bull run happens after a halving is because the amount of coins reduces while the demand remains almost the same, leading to increasing process all over. It also helps so you can set targets at which you will sell what you hold for the best profits.

riberet19

For my part I think it is necessary since this helps the survival of the network thanks to several aspects, one of them is the possible price increase which helps the adoption to continue increasing and on the other hand also because Bitcoin was born as a scarce asset, which is one of its most attractive qualities, and the halving gives this characteristic a plus since it divides the reward that miners receive for each cycle, which makes it increasingly scarce, so I do believe that the halving is necessary for the organic growth of Bitcoin and for it to continue its path to mass adoption cycle by cycle.

Suba

Staff member
The main goal of a Bitcoin halving is to reduce the amount of supply that is in the market, so that there is no oversupply that will bring down the price of Bitcoin. If we review the history of the Bitcoin halving then the price will increase after a year, and I really hope that in 2025 Bitcoin can record a new ATH. So starting now is the right time to collect Bitcoin you can also buy with the DCA strategy,