Benefits of using catalog marketing

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There is a strategy of marketing that one uses catalog for marketing i.e the act of using the list of items that a company sells in a book form and sending it out to prospective buyers, hoping that the buyer will make a demand to buy from the list. This can be done through an email or the courier services where the catalog is physically delivered to the receiver. This form of advertising comes with the below benefits

• Money hardly get stuck as buyers are expected to pay in advance before getting the products
  • It is an easy way of advertising, as a catalog mail can be send to many people
  • This is a proactive way of advertising, as you would not need to wait for people to demand for your products before reaching out
  • This advertising strategy is less risky and cheaper than others
What’s your thought

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think the catalog marketing is what Avon Products are using. Avon is popular with personal products with the cosmetics as the center of their business. They have a catalog that contains a list of all their products with the corresponding price. Until now Avon is still doing that in our community. They get good sales regularly.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, that is catalog marketing there just want the customers to get the most important information without them needing to talk so much, just list out all the name of the products in the company with their prices maybe with their different photos then mail it or show it to the customers

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Catalogue marketing have long existed it is easier to do such kind of marketing. The entrepreneur can simply send a bulk e-mail list containing all the list of products for potential customers to pick from there and make purchase, then psy advance before the product gets to them. I never tried this kind of marketing option before, I'm more based on social marketing and word of mouth type.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Catalogue marketing have long existed it is easier to do such kind of marketing. The entrepreneur can simply send a bulk e-mail list containing all the list of products for potential customers to pick from there and make purchase, then psy advance before the product gets to them. I never tried this kind of marketing option before, I'm more based on social marketing and word of mouth type.
Maybe you have to start trying and see if you can make good of it for your business. It might just be what your business might need as it strategy you never can tell. Yeah it is one business way of creating the needed awareness for their products. You just need to let people know the products and prices available

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Maybe you have to start trying and see if you can make good of it for your business. It might just be what your business might need as it strategy you never can tell. Yeah it is one business way of creating the needed awareness for their products. You just need to let people know the products and prices available
This kind of marketing don't suit my business brand. Since I don't sell products, their is no way I can make people from afar patronizing my business. Its an indoor business which people with in the given environment patronize. And not everyone is interested in the kind of business I am engaged in.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This kind of marketing don't suit my business brand. Since I don't sell products, their is no way I can make people from afar patronizing my business. Its an indoor business which people with in the given environment patronize. And not everyone is interested in the kind of business I am engaged in.
Okay then you go continue with the methods you are using. I think this is mostly for rare products that people from far and wide will really be interested in. It will prompt people to want to buy since the price is real and no one needs to bargain. People will be motivated to buy

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Okay then you go continue with the methods you are using. I think this is mostly for rare products that people from far and wide will really be interested in. It will prompt people to want to buy since the price is real and no one needs to bargain. People will be motivated to buy.

You're right that way. Its simply specifically on affiliate products or products that can be shipped far and wide. Since I got no such, I'll continue advertising the normal way I've been doing it.

Those who are into dropshipping, affiliate marketing, or sell using social media adopts such kind of marketing method of 'cataloging.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You're right that way. Its simply specifically on affiliate products or products that can be shipped far and wide. Since I got no such, I'll continue advertising the normal way I've been doing it.

Those who are into dropshipping, affiliate marketing, or sell using social media adopts such kind of marketing method of 'cataloging.
Yeah cataloing has been with us for a long while it just that it is no longer popular now because of the Advent or social media but it still a valid way of making money through selling one's product if possible services this way. I hope people that are doing their business get to remember this method and use it to get more sales than anticipated

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yeah cataloing has been with us for a long while it just that it is no longer popular now because of the Advent or social media but it still a valid way of making money through selling one's product if possible services this way. I hope people that are doing their business get to remember this method and use it to get more sales than anticipated
Even if its somehow outdated due to the invention of social media marketing which social media owners implemented around their site by selling ad space directly. Its still a nice option back then when social media marketing never taken the spotlight.
I know people are still engaged via cataloging marketing, it is not forgotten.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Even if its somehow outdated due to the invention of social media marketing which social media owners implemented around their site by selling ad space directly. Its still a nice option back then when social media marketing never taken the spotlight.
I know people are still engaged via cataloging marketing, it is not forgotten.
Yeah it is a method that I believe that it will be there for a long time since it yields value for their money. Even with social media the method will still used by those that know the usefulness. it even offers free means of letting people know about the products

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yeah it is a method that I believe that it will be there for a long time since it yields value for their money. Even with social media the method will still used by those that know the usefulness. it even offers free means of letting people know about the products
Yes, it will stay long with us here online cos not everyone love social media marketing type. In cataloging one doesn't need to write more of the description just catalogue those products, with their specific price, and some description about its usage and benefits etc. Their are lots of people nowadays that is still acquainted around it.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually going to be a good marketing technique whenever you are selling product that has to do it clothing fashion and jewelries. This is because a lot of people even come to your shop without a particular design in mind so them having to choose from a catalogue is going to be a very big Plus.