Begging is a cool way to make money?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In the news some weeks back, a woman was caught with bundles of naira notes (Nigeria's local currency) , and the security agencies thought she was into some shady dealings that may have enabled her to earn such amount of money, but after further investigations, they discovered she made all the money through begging daily. This amazed a lot of people and I myself was really shocked as I did not think beggars would be able to make so much money like this . But that is the fact, begging is a very cool way of making money for those who are into it.

I know a lot of people would say it does not make sense to them due to how you have to bring your self so low and people would even look down on you, but the fact still remains that not everyone really cares about what others think or say, so they would continue to beg and make enough money for themselves and their families.

Sometimes I even refuse giving to beggars because I believe some of them even have more money that I who thinks he is rendering help to some less fortunate people.
What do you think?

Would you consider begging someday?

E

eldavis

I would never consider begging, and I pray I do not find myself In a situation that would make me beg. I don't blame you for not giving to most beggers because some of them can still learn a skill or two and earn something for themselves but they just result to begging. I met a begger some time back who actually permed his hair. I was like wow, You have the money and time to do this but you still come out to beg? Or what about the one that take public transports to their begging spots? Most beggers are not worth giving or helping honestly, but there are some who really needs it.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I would never consider begging, and I pray I do not find myself In a situation that would make me beg. I don't blame you for not giving to most beggers because some of them can still learn a skill or two and earn something for themselves but they just result to begging. I met a begger some time back who actually permed his hair. I was like wow, You have the money and time to do this but you still come out to beg? Or what about the one that take public transports to their begging spots? Most beggers are not worth giving or helping honestly, but there are some who really needs it.
That is the problem with them and this sense of entitlement mentality is what makes me feel bad about how they are getting about their begging ventures. Most of them have already made up their minds to continue begging since it is more easier and does not require much work.
Imagine the time that I am spending here on trendri to make money while sharing valuable contributions, then I would go out and begin to form good Samaritan by giving to these beggars. It does not sir well with me because I believe it is better to show someone how to make money and sustain themselves than to give them money because they would never stop begging you for it since they believe hat you are having in excess that is why you are always giving them.

The government has to set up regulations that are aimed at checking some of these excesses so that we do not end up in a society where begging would become the order of the day when everyone becomes lazy.

Beggars ought to be empowered so they could leave the street andbdo better things with their time to fend for themselves and their family members, and not to continue to rely on members of the society to continue giving them

Heartstrings

Well,each one with whatever they think or really want and like, begging may be a way to make cool cash for some people but not all. Yes I agree with you that some that begs really do it because they know people will give them and not try to find something doing to earn money even if it is by running errands for someone. I have actually seen some beggers who beg for the sake of either a sick family or personal health challenges.

If you as a begger is trying to explore people out of your selfish reason or wickedness,then a Time is coming when you would not find a help with your genuine intention because nothing is hidden forever. But personally I don't have the heart to ignore a begger,if at all i have something in me at that particular time,I would definitely give you something,no matter how little,that's just me been me. I believe whatever good I did will never be in vain.