Avoiding too many business rivals

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The location of the business is very important for the success regarding the customer base. A start up is best to have a prior research if there is demand for the products or services otherwise you have to choose another business location.

Indeed competition can instantly kill a newcomer because the location is saturated of supplies and the demand is not much. That condition usually results in a cut-throat competition for the fight of sellers on the few customers. That is one reason why stalls in the mall are rented despite the high rent. They are assured of a huge customer base on the people coming to the mall every day. I find very few stores in the mall that closed shop because they are all selling and earning profit with the customer base.

This is the reason why I believe there should be a market survey before starting a business to avoid getting self into an already saturated market unless one is sure of the winning strategies in his or her arsenal. It is good to always go for a less saturated niche to avoid many rivals

Your first point is very correct. As a new person in business it very wise for you to get your shop in a location where people are not doing your type of business. Or the kind of business you want to do is not common in the location. If not you will be struggling to get customers, thereby causing irrelevant rivalry between you and those that were there before you came to the location.

I think competition is proficient for the growth of any business. I really don't see competition as the enemy but I see it as an encouragement or a way to improve your business. I think when you have competitors, you have to start doing things differently inorder to outshine your competitors.

I think competition is proficient for the growth of any business. I really don't see competition as the enemy but I see it as an encouragement or a way to improve your business. I think when you have competitors, you have to start doing things differently inorder to outshine your competitors.
You are right the competition can improve the business. But when there is a dirty competition then that is really bad that there are business owners who would move to another location to avoid the bad competition. It is best if there is a friendly competition that the objective is for all the competitors to earn a good profit.

Life is all about competition.there is no way you won't have rival in any business especially with business is booming and you are making so much money there.you are bound to have competitors.Competitors are everywhere and they are bound to fight to be at the top and a lot of strategies are being used or put in place for this,like good marketing structure.

Yeah, avoiding too many rivals in a business is one of the important things a business man needs to consider before setting up a business, especially when these rivals actually prove to be strong competitors. If you already in the business and competitors starts showing up then you need to sort for ways in other to give an edge to them.

Life is all about competition.there is no way you won't have rival in any business especially with business is booming and you are making so much money there.you are bound to have competitors.Competitors are everywhere and they are bound to fight to be at the top and a lot of strategies are being used or put in place for this,like good marketing structure.
It's almost impossible to run a business without having rivals or business competitors but having too many of them actually doesn't prove good for business. Atleast a business man should consider places where there are lesser competitors if he wants his business to thrive. I don't personally think that any business man would love to setup a business where there is TOO MUCH competitors.