At Which Age Did You Started Thinking About Making Money?

Sikapa

Verified member
There is something I normally think about day in and day out. I usually think about how I didn't get the idea of making money early. I'm not from rich family but making money did not come to my mind early. I would have been better if I started in at the age of 10 years. Yes I mean 10 years, by now I would have been rich.

One brethren may think this talk is insane but I know what I'm saying I wasted much of my time in school while some where seriously making money.

Did you get the idea of making money early? At what age did you think of making money? My was at the age of 20 years.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, I started think about making money in my childhood. When I was a kid, I always used to have my own millionaire fantasy. I used to think that I became rich and now I can buy whatever I want and now I can spend money whenever I want. I used to fantasies about traveling the world and partying with many foreign friends. However, it was just a fantasy because I never realized at that time how hard it is to make money. Even in the later stages of my life, I never actually managed to make money because I never used to have jobs during my teenage days.

I started making money at a later stage in my life. I earned my first money in the year 2016 and right now I am almost 30 years old. I am still making a good amount of money and I always thank Allah for providing me. Right now I am just focusing more on managing my expenses and trying to save as much money as I can. This is because I plan to invest my money in the right manner and I will only be able to do that once I have lots of money.

E

eldavis

I started looking for ways to make money since childhood, back then I would use the foams found inside the chairs at home to make small faceless puppets that I in turn sell to other kids in my class lol. Then it got to a point where I would use the cases of DVDs to make a small notes, then sell them off to my classmates.i usually get in lots of trouble for the foam though.

Kinjons

My history of making money online is a very funny one, I didn't really know much that's the was a way of making money online seated at home.

I actually started thinking of making money online when I was in my SS1 that was about, when I was 13 years old. I was really in need of money that hard labour work was the only option to make money not knowing that there was another way of making money at home.
I did not really know that making money online was possible without any investment or paying of money for a start until I was told by a friend,a freelancer, a writer in one of the paid to post websites I was so surprised that I couldn't even wait to start making money online you know it was not an easy journey but thanksto him and I have a little knowledge and skills in order to make money online in the website he and I encourage other people to be able to make money online here.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I can't really remember the actual date, but it has been for me for a long time now, I started during my teen age around 6-8 years of age. Since then I've been moving forward to earn money, I know it isn't easy for me, if it was straightforward as I thought before, by now I could've been rich. It's a gradual process in life and keeping that consistency, spending less, saving money and investing wisely long term. It is easier said than done, it is better to learn a tangible skill, that has the possiblity not bringing us money consistently. No matter the time it will take, it is better to learn it than, staying indoors, and just thinking about to earn money online alone.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It will be difficulI for to remember the exact time, but I could still remember that I used to fantasize of having alot of things like having a very fancy car and very beauty building and having all sort of good things, I dream of travelling the world. And all these thoughts do run through my mind. But I think when I completed my primary, schooling, right about when I got to the senior secondary school, I started having thoughts of having my own money and I always thought of what it would look like when I graduated from school and get a job and what I would do with my first salary and how I will buy those big things I had always fantasized about. Somewhere around the time I completed my secondary education I started working and I started marking money and I saw the respect I earned when I started working and making money back then. In fact I was so glad when I got my first pay as at that time. It was indeed a very big day for me i repaired a computer system for someone and was given N4,000 for the repairs. That was a lot of cash then.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I can't remember but I believe that was when I was still a child , I know my father is making money so probably I will also be able to make money Someday. But the funny thing is that the day which I will make this money was not known by me but I just Believe When I grow up. Lolz. And the day Is now.

blessingc

Well I started making money when I became an adult. Got my first job at 18, after my ssce exams. Things weren't too good for my family then, I needed to hustle and make ends meet both for myself and for my family.

I started with what I had, I am good at computer, typing and graphics and love sharing my knowledge with people, I taught in schools. I though computer practicals. I also typed exam questions and designed I'd cards for money.

Ayeshabashir

I started making money when I had complete my education at the age of 21 .After completing the education I started home tution where I teach the students of science subjects of standard 9 and 10 .Actually I want to become a lecturer of chemistry but due to some reasons I could not do that then I started working online at the age of 22 along with home tuition .Due to my interest in cryptocurrencies ,I started to search about the website where I can earn money in the form of crypto.

Maria Javed

I start making money at the age of 17. I am just 16 years old when I am thinking of making money in order to help my parents. I am a science student but I have no enough knowledge about this forum. I am not related to a rich family just middle class family. My 1 friend is making money on this plat form who istell me about this plat form. This time I am making money on this plat form. I am just new member here.

SANIA

I started thinking about money making since my childhood, I used to think about different business models which can make money for me.
In my childhood, I thought of making money while buying and selling candies at higher rates.
I didnot exactly know when did I started making money for the first time but I had dreams and ideas of making money since at at very early age.
Nowadays, it has become easy for people to make money due to freelancing too. People donot need higher degrees now to get a job. As you must have good relevant skills to make money online but it is not related to your higher degrees.
Nowadays, children are also making money which is good.
I wish I could have access to all these things when I was younger so I could have made more money earlier. But it is never too late for anything. I am glad with my progress. I am slowly yet gradually building my dreams :)

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I started thinking about how to make money right after secondary school and this is due to the fact that I got to realise there is a need to break through from my current situation as it is not one that is encouraging at all m

This contributed greatly to who I am today , because it enabled me to continuously think outside the box and see opportunities every time I look around me and think about how best to utilise such opportunities and make money .

There were actually challenges because I am not really good at some kind of offline things that people are doing to make money and so I had to try my best to make sure that I create a niche for myself in the internet and that is what got me started on making money online .

I must confess that it has been a really hectic process, but I am just trying my best to see the positive side of it because I am very optimistic that things will really turn up for good .

Being optimistic like this is what usually makes me to continue to put in more effort , even when I'm not getting enough resource like I ordinarily expect to be doing.

Heartstrings

If I could remember clearly,the time and idea of making money started cripping in when I was in Ss1 but there wasn't an opportunity,why because I came from a strict family,my parents were strict and won't allow their daughters to start making money at that age, except the males. But I also knew it's because no one of us has an idea that we can make money online without stress, it was the thought of going out to sell, despite my mum having a shop back then. I couldn't vividly remember I hardly go to the shop,it was as if they hide their daughters from preying eyes. Whenever my mum comes home and counting the money she makes,I always feel happy as if I was the one making the profits.

But seriously I wish I was able to start making money at my earlier age,I knew the type of level I would have been financially now.

Mastergp

Verified member
Everyone has a the particular age they start making money some people started after high school to make their money, while some started at a younger age to make money but in my own case I started at a younger age that was my firth teen years to make money, though it was complicated but I was able to overcome it, what made it complicated was that I was still in high school and to combine both together is too stress few are able to cope from it and I am among those few.

During my children hood I love drawing and I even went to learn it as a career so when I was done training I started working for an artist, since then I stared making my own money and also was able to get a phone during that period and it was from that phone I made my first dollar online, so all those link and planning landed me to good position that I am enjoying now.

It not too late for a child to start making money online, now that technology is moving to a different area one need to follow along by making this money so as to create a great part for himself when he is older. Making money at a younger age makes one to have an independent attitude and behavior not waiting for others to give him Monday but try his or her best to make his money.

arunima25

Verified member
There are numerous opportunities in today's world especially in the digital era to make money. It's lucrative and many are making good money from a very young and tender age. But then it comes with cons and my personal view is that it has more cons than pros.
The value of money and financial discipline us something that should be taught from a very young age. And mostly these values are passed on to the children by parents way of living. Children learn more by observing than by preaching. Unless it's a financial stress, young children should be kept away from making money till a certain age...unless they reach High school and develop some maturity to handle the money. Financial independence without the right maturity is not a good combination. Also, they might loose their precious childhood.

As long as parents and caretakers can provide for the child, the child should enjoy the childhood and learn to value money without having to earn it.
Teenage is the right time to start with financial independence. There are numerous opportunities and one can go for part time earnings too along with their education. Education is pretty important and the pressure or lust to earn more and more should not compromise it

Finger Geek

Verified member
I would say that almost everybody started thinking of making money when they were small. When was before 10 years of age , I have been thinking of making money but I never decided how to make money or what I need to do to make money. But when I was like 16 years of age, I determined that u will make money online. I stared having this though when I read a book on making money online and since then I have been learning of different ways to make money online. It was from the book that I go to know how some people are making money with forex trading. That is why I was able to be a good trader despite the fact that I lost my first Investment. But because I knew that some people are making money with it, so I was determined that I also will be successful like them.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Since the year 2016 I usually have the intention of making money online but since the Year 2018 my intentions and decisions of making money online was made practical. Initially I started making small amount of money by working on small paying gigs website, some of which pays their users and members for either watching short videos or filling out surveys. The experience with websites and platforms like this were absolutely interesting but I knew that I was destined for more. Moving on I upgraded and level up my internet money making game to higher-paying gig website such as affiliate marketing and freelancing including graphic designing. The experience with websites like this such as clickbank and Fiverr was totally interesting but somehow I almost gave up because the incomes and earnings from these websites was not all that passive and automated.

Presently I am now a student of forex and cryptocurrency trading and investment. And to be sincere and honest the experience is absolutely very good. In fact I was able to make my first $200 online with the use of this online strategy and investment.

arunima25

Verified member
The socio-economic conditions have changed a lot in the last few decades. And that did have an immense impact on the mindset of people. It's a folly of consumerism all around us and everyone falls in trap of it at some stage. People are buying more than what they actually need. Purchasing capacity has also increased and so is the need of more and more money. No money is good enough to maintain a good lifestyle in this world where the demarcation of nerds and wants have become blurred.
Gone are the days when a single earning person could be the provider for the whole family and could give a decent life to everyone under the roof. Now, everyone in the family has to earn to keep up with the lifestyle trends, inflation and expectations of socioeconomic status. Children are surrounded by the world of consumerism. They too have more wants than the actual needs. Money has become more of social status symbol and showoff than the means to buy what you actually need to survive or live a decent life. Children too feel the pressure to earn from a very young age to meet up with their demands. It's easier to fall into the lucrative trap of money making. But so much is lost in the course of doing so from an young age. There is a huge price to be paid for to earn more.

uforwealth

Verified member
There is something I normally think about day in and day out. I usually think about how I didn't get the idea of making money early. I'm not from rich family but making money did not come to my mind early. I would have been better if I started in at the age of 10 years. Yes I mean 10 years, by now I would have been rich.

One brethren may think this talk is insane but I know what I'm saying I wasted much of my time in school while some where seriously making money.

Did you get the idea of making money early? At what age did you think of making money? My was at the age of 20 years.
The idea of making money started when my father was sacked and my mother had nothing to do as a source of income,. That was when I was 12 years old.

That made me started to work with some brothers in our community but the pay was too low for me to cater for myself .

Anyway, your question really touched my mind. It looks like you indirectly asked me the question. It is a long story.

JPHill

I started in my teens. My father was a business man all his life. So to help out, I had to sell goods in his shops as a shop keeper. It was then when I got the idea to make money since I learnt first hand from my father but then he died even before I finished high school. So with the little I had learnt, I set out to do business to help my mother. Through the struggle that ensued, I had to keep pushing! So when I went to varsity, I continued to sell various products that I saw my friends needed for profit.

Since then, through the ups and downs, I have not looked back!