Are You Selling Print-On-Demand Products? Avoid These Mistakes

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A lot of people suggest making designs that you will wear or use yourself, or someone in your family or friends’ circle uses them. Well, this is not correct. When you are designing products, you need to create designs for your target audience. You will have to do a research and find out what your target market is wearing and buying. In order to do that, go to various marketplaces and see what your target market is buying?

A lot of people buy paid courses and tools before selling. This is complete a waste of money. Information is free online, there is nothing that cannot be learned for free. Once you have made some sales, you might buy courses and tools to scale your business.

Don’t assume what works for others will also work for you. There are a lot of reasons for sales, sometimes unique design sells, sometimes trending design sells, sometime people are able to generate sales just because they started it first. Every sellers have their own unique circumstances for selling.

I think the second and the third points are more common mistakes for people trying to sell online. I can even associate myself with these two mistakes committed by a lot of online sellers. When I decided to start my eCommerce business, I started checking youtube for information and ideas. There was a popular content creator I used to follow. I was so impressed that I bought an ebook on how to start selling on Etsy. When I checked the book, I found that the book did not contain any new information. In fact, there was nothing in the book that this guy had not talked on his videos. I was fooled with $10. I searched for free information online, made my own 5-point guide, and started on Etsy, RedBubble, and Printify. It took time but I managed to sell items. I also made the third mistake. I thought trending products would be easy to sell, but it was not the case.