Are You Driven By Passion Or Profits In Your Current Business?

Rachael

Verified member
It is an undeniable fact that the main aim of operating or setting up a business is for the sake of maximizing profits. Starting up a business is very different from starting a charity home. When a business owner faces challenges in business he gest depressed because instead of maximizing profits, he is running at a loss. I am not disputing the fact that a business can be operated for other purposes but the profit remains the first aim. Well, there are still some entrepreneurs who do posit or claims that the aim of starting their business is to solve the needs of the society and not purely for the gain but then again, the question arises, if the aim is to solve the needs of the society, why is the product or service not free or why is the product not sold to the final consumers at the rate of the cost price which was purchased from the supplier, which still lives an unanswered question.

The aim of selling products would definitely be to solve the needs of the society but why do more than six businesses operate by selling the same products within the same street or location when obviously two or three shop would be enough to bridge the gap of demand and supply in the location. My janitorial business I started is because I need to make profits and I carry out my job diligently so the client could call me if another offer arises or possibly recommend me to other acquaintances, which proves that inasmuch as I am after the profits, I have my job at heart and I am also passion-driven in the line of business. Is your current business your passion or driven by profits alone?

E

eldavis

I am actually driven by both, though I would say profit is one of the major reasons I am going through most of the stress I am facing right now, but what keeps me pushing and not giving up is my passion for what I do.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
At this point in time, I'll say that profit drives me more than passion. Not that what I'm doing I don't love it, at times I sacrifice more than I could live just to make sure I reach my limit of daily earnings st least. I always work with target online, when I don't achieve such target, I don't feel okay with myself. That's why I'll always be pushing all day to reach it and be consistently in what I'm doing online to earn and also to stay updated. Earning online isn't easy at all, commitment is needed, if we don't commit ourselves to the tasks, we wouldn't achieve or actualize our aims. And again, patience is needed, not just for passion alone. If we don't have patience we can't achieve it all, especially when the income isn't growing to the level we want it. I don't earn much as I wanted, but I am always patient, trying so hard to earn something useful in the future. I believe that the future is better, I labour at the present and so on to enjoy with time, it can't work over night for me. Everything I do online, isn't driven by passion, but mostly by rewards, I have lots of bills to clear, making me to engage my time to different areas of making money online.

Kendy

Verified member
Currently, I do not have any business but prior to this time, I had operated a poultry farm and to be honest, I was driven by both the passion and the profits. I had lived with my grandmother for a couple of years and she was a poultry farmer, I got motivated watching her care for her poultry as though they were her babies and that was what ignited the passion in me to venture into the business. However, along the line, the business crashed due to excessive debt that was owed by my customers and during that time, it was one of the most devastating point of my life because I had no way to get funds and I was already owing a major loan which I found it very difficult to repay and at the same time my customers were still in possession of my money which they found it very hard to release it to me.

There is no business owner who is not after the profit or gain but when you let the excessive urge for the profits override your logical sense of reasoning, then it becomes a problem. There are situations in which a customer lays a complaint to a business owner and instead of trying to salvage the situation, he may try to claim his rights and that is when one is being controlled by the excessive urge of profits but it is normal for any business owner to uphold the level in which he maximizes profit and passion is also required in any business because it is from the passion that will make you persistent in solving whatever challenges comes with the business. The first drive for any business I venture into is the passion and to solve the needs of the society then followed by the gains.