Are smart people faster and quicker in completing tasks?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have come to discover a trend. I have worked with different sets of people. From all indications, it seems that people that are smart are naturally fast in delivering tasks. Is smartness synonymous with speed? The very smart people I have worked with have incredible knacks for completing tasks really quick.

Someone told me that it is because they use their smartness to strategize the best way to perform tasks easily. Even when the tasks are not mental tasks but physical tasks, it seems they always figure out a way to make it happen faster. In these days, where an important dimension of quality is speed, this is important for an organization.

There is a guy I know, he is super smart. His multitasking capacity is unrivalled. He can be doing 4 things at the same time. What is your view on this? Are smart people generally faster? Why is it so?

The answer is yes, smart people are faster and quicker in completing tasks. But there are other factors that influence our speed and accuracy of work. For example, if you are working on a project that requires a great deal of research, you will be more likely to miss things if you have a lot of other projects going on.

Another factor that can affect your speed and accuracy is your age. If you're young, you may still be in the process of developing as a person and so your thinking process might not be fully developed yet. This means that there will be times when you're somewhat slower than an older person but it also means that you'll know much more about the subject area than someone who has been doing it longer.

Finally, how much sleep do you get each night? If your sleep schedule is irregular or if you don't get enough sleep then this will affect how quickly and accurately you can perform tasks at work or school.