Are online banking safe?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Almost every individual who own a bank account is making good use of online means of banking. Online banking has a whole lot of advantage over offline banking, but even with that we must not fail to forget that online banking has disadvantages and demerits of its own. Online banking is fast, reliable, more accessible, and more flexible, and also there is absolutely no restriction on the amount of money and individual can withdraw or deposit in a particular day unlike offline banking. Despite the advantages online banking may have we must not fail to understand that most online banking websites and platforms could be a total scam and just a means of defrauding others crafted by the hands of online fraudsters and scammers. With that being said, it wouldn't be advised for any individual to jump into any online banking website thereby making use of it for the purpose of depositing and carrying out any monetary related activities.

In order to make sure never to stumble on the wrong online banking websites or platforms it is best that you first of all conduct a feasibility study about it there by reading the reviews and comments of others who may have possibly used the online banking website or platform. In addition to that, it is absolutely also advised to only make good use of online banking websites recommended and supported by the Apex bank of your country. In Nigeria online banking websites and platforms like kuda bank, Palmpay, and Opay are all supported by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Online banking platform are save if they are registered with the central bank of the country. But before we start to save or do any transaction with an online banking platform, we must first get some information about the platform first before we put our money into it. Like here in my country, there are many platforms that are legit and the only one that I am using with no problem is opay. It is not that I have not used any other platforms before, but it is because I like the service of opay.

The worst of them is chipper. I am saying this to let you know that it is not safe. Why I am saying this is because recently I deposit some amount of money there in Hope of using it for an transaction. But I couldn't complete the transaction because the app is not releasing the money. So I tried to withdraw it also but they did not send my fund to me, until I used every thing to buy airtime.