Are Canned Mushrooms Healthy?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Mushrooms are one of the healtheist foods. They are also quite tasy food and we also use them in many kinds of recipes. They are used to make pizzas and some other kind of fast foods like burgers. However, this does not mean that mushrooms are in itself an healthy foods. there are many benefits of mushrooms if you separate them from fast foods and eat them raw. When eaten raw, they can be good for you because they are a very good source of antioxidants. The big problem is that raw mushrooms are not available in my country. This is because mushrooms are not grown in my country rather they are imported as canned mushrooms. Do you think that canned mushrroms are as healthy as raw mushrooms?

Jonaville

The truth is that foods give the best nutritional benefits when they are eaten fresh. The moment a food, I mean any type of food is canned, it contains some toxic substances which the manufacturers will not tell us. so I believe it is better to take mushrooms fresh than the canned ones.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The truth is that foods give the best nutritional benefits when they are eaten fresh. The moment a food, I mean any type of food is canned, it contains some toxic substances which the manufacturers will not tell us. so I believe it is better to take mushrooms fresh than the canned ones.

Well, canned foods contain preservatives that prevent the food from rotting inside the can. Canned foods do not contain toxins. I have read a study that says that canned food might still contain many nutrients in it despite going through a lots of industrial process. Some nutrients can get damaged due to the fact that they go through heat. But we also lose them when we cook foods in our house.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well first of all you have to find out the preservatives chemical that is used in in preserving the mushroom, from there you have an understanding if the chemical is really dangerous to the human body or not .sometimes if the chemical is really good and doesn't have any effects on the body then obviously there is nothing wrong with that.

Empress

Verified member
Canned mushrooms contain a fair amount of potassium a mineral that has been associated with a lower chance of high blood pressure and heart disease so mushroom is very good for our health as it also contain riboflavin and niacin which play vital roles in our body and also helps our health