Accuracy of affiliate tracking software

niche

Verified member
I have noticed that a large number of websites have affiliate programs, promising to pay a commission to the bloggers or other promoting the website. However, some of the bloggers, online publishers and others who are posting the link on their website and elsewhere do not get any referrals in most cases. For some websites, there are no conversions at all, and in some cases, there are a few conversions initially and then the conversions stop completely for years. How accurate is the affiliate software in tracking the conversions? Does the website running the affiliate program, disallow some conversions to avoid paying the webmaster or may divert the payment to someone else? Have you promoted any product or website, spending your time, through their affiliate program and found that there are no conversions at all?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is good to use a reputable affiliate programs if you want to make consistent income with their affiliate marketing campaign.

A reputable affiliate program like clickbank has a software in the dashboard for every affiliate to track the impression, clicks and conversion rate of the affiliate links you are promoting.

This does not mean that you should not use external tracking software to determine your campaign. It is important to work with data to avoid being cheated by the affiliate programs.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
That's why it is better to join any affiliate marketing websites that has reputations. It is not about joining diffrent affiliate marketing programmes but joining the ones that have reputations. Most time, we need to becareful when we see some affiliate marketing website that promise heaven and earth. Most of them dont stand the test of the time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really think it is accurate as most people think it is and the problem with a lot of affiliate marketers is that they are not promoting the right products ,there are some products that might take ages before you are able to see someone to click your link but there are products that a lot of people might be interested base on its ability to solve a lot of problems

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Sotherefore this can only happen when you are promoting a product that are too expensive just because you want to earn high commission. It is good to promote product of mid-range and high range price in order to increase your click through rate and commission on the affiliate programs. it might take ages to make commission if you are promoting high-end products only.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
@Sotherefore this can only happen when you are promoting a product that are too expensive just because you want to earn high commission. It is good to promote product of mid-range and high range price in order to increase your click through rate and commission on the affiliate programs. it might take ages to make commission if you are promoting high-end products only.
Well for me personally I believe that the price of a particular product does not really matter because some people can still pay for that just that you'll only be able to make low sell. What always important is what people are really interested ,do not promote products that people are not interested even if it is just one dollars worth of product it will still not work.

dagm

I don't believe it is as accurate as most people believe it is, and the problem with many affiliate marketers is that they are not promoting the right products. There are some products that may take a long time for someone to click your link, but there are others that a large number of people may be interested in because of their ability to solve a variety of problems.