7 Business Ideas For Housewives

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
For housewives, online business is the main choice because there is no need to leave the house and can do house work. Here are 7 online business ideas that can be used as a business for housewives:

1. Food Business
One of the advantages of housewives is having cooking skills, therefore this skill can be used as a business area, such as dry and durable snacks that can be sold online with premium packaging and brands. which can be marketed via WhatsApp and social media.

2. Fashion Business
If you don't have enough capital and your own brand, it's better if you start as a dropshipper or reseller first, so you will gain experience and understand a lot about marketing. If the capital has been collected, you can immediately buy fashion products in large quantities and will get discounts and different prices. Or make your own fashion products with a personal brand. A successful business is not only a money-printing machine but will be a source of pride for women

3. Baby Supplies Business
A baby will need a lot of equipment such as clothes, baby soap, powder and eating utensils, toiletries, towels etc. If you want to run a baby equipment business, hang out or join mothers who have babies, pregnant women, so that marketing opportunities will be wider and sales will increase.

4. Freelance Writer,
If you are interested in writing, you can freelance on various media, or you can just publish on other sites. create your own blog or website.

5. Plants and Ornamental Plants Business
There are so many housewives who like the hobby of caring for ornamental plants, of course this hobby can be used as a profitable business opportunity. The marketing system is very easy to implement, it can be started through word of mouth or Whatsapp promotion, either to friends or neighbors. You can also use social media as a means of promotion, if your business grows bigger you can use a marketplace or create your own store site. Participating in contests or ornamental plant exhibitions will make you more famous.

6. Handicraft Business,
Although there are so many types of handicrafts out there, choose only the types of crafts that you like the most and master how to make them. If your goods are of high quality, they will sell well.

7. Home Spa Business and Beauty Salon
If you have expertise in beauty treatments, then you can open a spa business and a beauty business, you don't need a luxury place, but create a unique and comfortable beauty treatment place.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I totally agree with you, this is no time for the a parent to just fold hands and wait for the other person to bring home the bacon, everyone needs to work towards picking the bills in the home no matter how small it can be. The businesses you have listed are just right for women that want to stay home. They can now be productive right from the comfort of the home while they still take good care of the children.

For those that are great with typing and researching, going into forum posting or article writing will be the best bet as one would just need to research a bit before writing .Even forum posting on site like frendri will be rewarding as well. you have the free will of writing our own opinion on a topic created by others.

Another good one is going into baking or sewing, with this you just have to be skilled and be good with your delivery. customer Satisfaction is key when once your customer like your customer and delivery then you are sure of always having them return to order for more.

The bottom line is that you are making money from home.

mokter22

I will ask my wife to follow these seven idea in her business plan. I seem if she follow she will success her business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Gone are those days when women always believe that making money is solely the duty of a man. These days, some women put more effort in making money more than how a man may put. This will let me give kudo to the poster for her compilation on what women may do to succeed.

For the housewives that are skillful in some of these online marketable skill, there is no bad thing if they decide to work on some freelancing websites as freelancers. There are many skills that can be seen on these platforms depending on the skill that one may have.

For the unskilled ones, there are also some websites that they can be doing, there are many microtasks websites where one who is serious may be making money. Aside this, it is not very uncommon seeing women especially married ones working on some paid to post websites, survey websites and even affiliating marketing.

For those that are not that comfortable working online, they may decide to be working on some offline schemes. So selling some stuffs that are not that common in their areas or that are generally asked for in their area may be the right thing to do.

Suba

Staff member
Women work or have their own business not only to make money but also to increase the dignity of women, also to channel or apply abilities or skills. Even though women are married or housewives, they can still play a role in improving the family economy, according to their expertise. Besides the 7 types of businesses that have been provided by @saoussen5765, there are also other businesses such as becoming an influencer on social media, opening courses or private lessons.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I can consider any profitable online business to be the most suitable business for people at home , most especially for housewife because these are business you can do on your own and this will not limit you from performing your responsibilities as a wife at home .

If you are a housewife and you are interested to engage in a business , the most important thing you must put into consideration here will be the type of flexible business you can do that won't be a distraction to you. There are some business , even though it may be easier to start that is likely to divert your attention from the house you were meant to take care of.

I do not know about other people , but for me apart from online business , I do not think it is possible for people to be a housewife and still concentrate in a business like tailoring because that will definitely need a lot of time and dedication and at the end of the day you might be stressed out , you may not likely be able to cope with this two and one will definitely shift your attention from the other.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Good morning everyone! Thank you very much for your informative thread about the 7 business ideas for housewives. It is true that housewives have limited time because they stay at home to do the housework and take care of their kids. Of course, they need to work not only to earn some money but to feel creative. The business ideas you mention in your post are ideal for housewives because they can work from the comfort of their own house without a boss. Furthermore, they can have flexible working hours so they can arrange their daily schedule as they wish. I am sure that housewives will find your thread very helpful for them. Thanks a lot again for taking the time to share with us this useful post. It is highly appreciated.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are so many housewives in my city who tend to get involved in the beauty parlour and beauty salon business in my city. This is a very common kind of business in my place because and many rich women usually invest in this kind of business. The fact of the matter is that we must invest a good amount of money to start a beauty salon or spa salon. Apart from that, many housewives usually do not get involved in the cooking business because there are already so many professional cooks in my city who are already in this business. There is a big difference between food cooked by a professional cook and the food that you cook at your home.

This is why housewives are not that successful in this business. There is another business where housewives could get involved into. I am talking about cloth sewing business. This is a kind of business where many housewives usually get involved. There is a factory in my area that usually hires female workers in their factory and they hire them to sew clothes. Freelancing is also a great way to generate income at home. Having said that, there are many ways a housewives could make good money.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several business ideas in which housewives can engage on and make some cool amount of money for themselves. Basically, working on the internet could be the best suggestion for any housewife because of the ease of doing such a business and the opportunity it would offer them to diving to other things.

Venturing into freelancing is one of the best business idea is any housewife should consider because of the opportunity it would offer. The truth is that there are several gigs in which anyone can offer on freelancing platforms and probably make some cool amount of money from it.

Sometimes, It is all about choosing a very good niche and that is not so competitive in order to make some good amount of money. I have seen people making money from freelancing platforms by giving designs to people.

Such designs may not necessarily pertain to digital products but it can be used for offline products. Some people make money on some freelancing platforms giving clothing designs to people.

I have also seen people who make money on the internet writing songs for other people. These are some of the basic ideas for anyone that want to venture into freelancing. It is all about identifying what you can do well and offering them as services.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not like to use the word housewives, this is gender-biased work. The word refers to married women who stay home doing nothing. However, this is not correct. Married women who stay at home, work more than the men who go to work. That's because women work from dawn to dusk to manage the household tasks. The better word for these women is a homemaker. These women have a lot of skills that they can use to make money. For example, 99 percent of homemakers are good cooks, they can prepare a lot of dishes. These women can start selling foods online. If they find this work complicated, they can try creating cooking and recipe videos and start monetizing their videos. Homemakers might also be good at gardening, knitting, fabric painting, sewing, etc. All of these skills can be monetized. The best thing is you don't even have to spend money to make money.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Many housewives are doing some such and other business, I remember sometimes we ordered snack from a lady who was a housewife and sold home cooked snacks.

A friend of mine trains women with disabities for home based business, espasially married women so that they can earn while working at home, yes this is Work From Home. Most of them (housewives) are in either tailoring or cooking, some in crafts.

Freelance is hard for them because of English language, they cannot do much in it, however, I tried to train some of them who can read , write and understand English.

I do not like to use the word housewives, this is gender-biased work
This word is used since early English and have its own meaning, it is a noun, not biased word.

Housewives have a lot of time on their hands and can start a business by using some of that time. Here are some business ideas for housewives:

1. Start a home-based daycare: This is a great option for moms who want to stay at home with their kids while also earning an income.

2. Bake and sell cookies, cakes, and other desserts: Home-baked goods are always a hit with customers.

3. Sew and sell clothes: There is a huge demand for handmade clothing, and it’s a great way to use your creative skills.

4. Buy and sell used items online: There’s a big market for used items, and it’s a great way to make some extra money.

5. Sell handmade crafts: From jewelry to pottery, there is a wide variety of crafts that can be sold online or at local craft fairs.

6. Start a pet sitting business: This is a great option for animal lovers who want to start their own business.

7. Offer home-based services such as cleaning, cooking, or gardening: Home-based services are in high demand, and they can be a great way to make extra money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Freelance is hard for them because of English language
Unless you decide to write articles, ebooks, sales copies, etc. in English language, or teach English language, you don’t even need to be very good at English language to become a freelancer. If you work as a graphic designer you don’t need English language skills to succeed. Women who stay at home might also be college graduate, they might already have professional skills. They can use their skills to make money as a freelancer. Basic skill with English language can help people to earn as a freelancer provided they have professional skill. Not all freelancing jobs are reserved for those who have professional level English skills. A lot of stay-at-home women are very good content creator, especially video content (you can go to tiktok and check them). These women can work as a video content creator and help businesses market their products and services or even build social media pages or mange social media accounts.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
If you work as a graphic designer you don’t need English language skills to succeed.
Graphic designer? None of the women in this help is a graphic designer. Anyway education of Graphic designer is available only in English.

Not all freelancing jobs are reserved for those who have professional level English skills. A lot of stay-at-home women are very good content creator, especially video content (you can go to tiktok and check them).
Tiktok is banned in India, no need to give an example of it; However, for rest, you have a point. Video contents and Vlogging was under my idea too, but they will still need a proper video camera / smartphone, those poor women don't have source for it, we have to built a budget first.