5 tips to live a long and healthy life

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As good as modern medical technology is, it can never save you from the problems caused by a life style that is unhealthy. Instead of getting a modern medical fix for every problem, it is far better to live in such a way that you will hardly ever fall ill.

An ounce of prevention is certainly better than a pound of cure. Here are seven tips on how to live a long and healthy life. In addition, the same life style that helps you to avoid illness also helps you to lose weight.

1. Get Enough Exercise

In the past people had to use their physical bodies in the course of their normal work. But today someone may get up, go to work in a car, then sit down, get up to go home in the car and when arriving at home, sit down again for the rest of the day. In such a life there is no physical labor. This physical inactivity is one of the main reasons for a host of diseases. Sport, running. walking and other things must be added to our life if our normal work does not require us to exert ourselves physically. I

2. Go to sleep when you feel sleepy

This may sound simple, but many people stay up late even when their body is telling them that it is time to sleep. Yoga and Ayurvedic doctors also say that it is better to sleep in the night and be active during the day. However, people such as students will take coffee and stimulants to study late into the night. Others develop the habit of remaining active at night and sleeping during the day. While we can do this, it eventually takes a toll on health. Alternative health doctors say that this kind of unnatural living is one of the contributing factors in the causation of cancer and other diseases

3. Eat when you feel hungry

This is also a simple idea, but once again we often go against the messages of the body. If you eat out of habit or due to social pressure at certain time of the day, even when you have no real appetite, then you will not digest your food properly. Acidity and indigestion begin, and this contributes to the likelihood of other more complex diseases taking root. Having an appetite is actually a sign of good health, but if you have no appetite you should wait a bit and then eat. (If you have no appetite even after awaiting a reasonable amount of time, then you should consult a doctor because something is wrong.)

4.Fast on a Regular, Systematic Basis

If you would ask any person to work 365 days per year without any rest, they would complain and say that they must have some rest or else they will break down. But we have never bothered to ask or to think about our digestive organs which we compel to work day after day without a rest. They cannot protest the way a person would to his boss, but they do give us signals that they cannot work non-stop. When we ignore those signals and still compel them to work, those organs break down. That is why periodic fasting is necessary. Refrain from eating for one complete day. This gives a rest to your digestive organs and also helps in the elimination of wastes from your body. Regular fasting allows a person to gain extra time for intellectual or spiritual pursuits. Fasting is not for hermits in a cave, but is a sensible practice that anyone can practice.

5. Wash with cool water before going to bed

As mentioned above, proper sleep is essential for the maintenance of health. If you wash your important motor and sensory organs (hands, arms, eyes, legs, mouth, genitals) before sleep using cool water, this will relax you and prepare you for deep sleep.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
People needs to come to terms that living long and healthy starts with our lifestyle.You don't need to do anything expensive to live a lot healthier life it's about your life's choices. if you do heathy things to your body you would only have a healthy body which will prolong our lives.it is stated that we are what we eat

A person that eats healthy meals will only represent healthiness, it can't be same for someone to smokes and drinks any substance daily. Being healthy is a deliberate act and until people come to the realization of this, there is still to be false hope. You can't smoke and drink recklessly and think you would look healthy let alone live for a long time. Like it is popular stated smokers are liable to die young it is also applicable to other life threatening lifestyle, you practice them and you would die young.

Living long and healthy should be an intentional act you should look for ways to increase your life span which will include exercising almost daily, eating nutritional foods,, taking enough water at least 6 glasses, taking enough sleep and rest as well as dumping junks foods. Make conscious efforts today.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To live a longer life is not determine by humans, it's the decision of almighty God, if we will live longer. Of course, there are some things we can just do to live healthy but that doesn't determine if we will live long or not. We can do exercises regularly to keep fit to be free from some certain diseases and we can start eating vegetables and fruits to be healthy.

Samuel Michael

A fair eating regimen doesn't need to be an exhausting eating routine. However long you are getting satisfactory proteins, sugars, nutrients, minerals and fats, that cut of chocolate cake you're needing shouldn't do you an excessive amount of mischief. Partake in your suppers, bite your food appropriately and eat an assortment of food sources, including five bits of natural product or vegetables daily. A lot of handled food or sweet food can cause you to feel slow.

Drink more water

Water is a particularly fundamental prerequisite thus key to endurance, yet a lot of us don't drink enough! Six to eight cups a day is the suggested least. We can live for a little while without food however a couple of days without water. In the event that you don't care for the taste, blend it in with juice, sans sugar cheerful or make hot organic product tea. Vegetables and natural product contain a lot of water as well. On the off chance that your pee is more obscure in shading than straw, drink more water!

Take opportunity to unwind

Unwinding is vital to a solid psyche. Anyway you decide to unwind - profound breathing, yoga, fishing, having a shower, perusing a book - attempt to relax for an hour daily if possible. Mental fatigue can cause pressure, despondency and nervousness issues. Current ways of life can be furious - in case you're not working, you're pursuing the children or dashing around the supermarket or accomplishing something different. Unwind! Inhale profoundly. Indeed, even fifteen minutes of this is superior to none, yet go after an hour daily.

Get moving!

There is no reason not to practice in light of the fact that there in a real sense is something for everybody. Not every person loves beating the treadmill or siphoning iron in the rec center however whatever gets your pulse up is a decent cardiovascular movement. What about playing tennis, meeting a companion for a swimming meeting or taking up self-preservation or a military craftsmanship? On the off chance that you can't consider anything better, run all over the steps a couple of times. Feeling better at this point? Exercise discharges endorphins, which cheer you up.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This seems your points are anchor on one doing the right thing when the body needs it. Eat or sleep when the body really needs it. For me I don't joke with what my body needs at a time because I Know it will feed my body better at that time.i sleep and eat when my body calls for them

Mika

VIP Contributor
All of these 5 tips might help you live a long and healthy life, but I would like to have my say on #3. A lot of us are eating too much food. We need to eat to live and not live to eat. We are not eating what our body actually wants, we are eating what our taste buds desire. A lot of us are eating according to the watch, and not according to out body clock.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My take on a long and healthy life is happiness. No matter how rich you are but if you are not happy with your life then I don't think you can have a long and healthy life. You may not get sick physically but your mental health might be having issues. I know of many old people who are still joyful and funny in their old age. I would like to be one.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no amount of things that we can say about how to balance our health that is too much. This is because in all we do, health should be of paramount concern for every body. The following are some things that I think can lengthen our health.

To have a good life, we need to make sure we desist from bad lifestyles. Bad lifestyles may involve in taking some steps that we know that are not necessary to be taken. Taking alcohol, smoking and some other sorts of sniffing are examples of bad lifestyles that we need to stop in order to live a normal and healthy lifestyle.

We need to make sure that we don't overburden ourselves. There is need for stress for sure. But what we need to do is to make sure that we do what we can do at that moment and live the rest. There are some that always brood over what doesn't even need much thinking.

We need to watch what we take. There is need to make sure that we eat for nutrient and not necessary to fill the belly. We should minimize the way we take sugary thing, we need to watch the way we eat junk as well.

blessingc

Everyone wants to live a healthy and long life but not everyone is ready to do the needful. There are many things humans should abstain from and many life styles they need to adopt to live long.

We all know what balance diet is and it's importance. It is very necessary to make it part of our life that we add all the classes of food in our daily meals. It is also important to avoid eating junks but rather focus on fruits and vegetables.

Smoking should be a part of ones life if he or she wants to live long, avoid smoking and drinking excessive alcohol.

As an average individual Make sure to sleep 8 hours in a day to be sound in health and mind. Keep company with good people, people who inspires you to live a happy life and life with good morals.

Exercise regularly to keep healthy and active, reduce intake of harmful fats and sugary beverages and foods.

If your blood pressure is high, get the advice of a health worker. This is vital in the prevention and control of hypertension. make sure to check up regularly.

At home, use window and door screens, use bed nets and clean your surroundings weekly to destroy mosquito breeding sites.

Barin

There are different kind of ways that we can use to live a healthy life like eating balanced diet the type of food that will consume determine our health, if we did not take proper good care of the kind of food that we consume it can trigger our health state so we have to make sure that we provide nutrients that our body needs for growth so as to avoid any complications in our health because all these nutrients are what reduce the risk of developing some kind of diseases in the body which will make us to be in a healthy state.

We can also have a healthy life by exercising regularly so as to burn calories and also make us to be fit and active it also reduces the risk of developing some certain diseases in the body so when you exercise daily it can also be a great help for you to have a healthy life

Make sure that you drink enough water daily like six glasses of water regularly so as to not be dehydrated to avoid any complications in the health which will make your immune system to boost faster so we have to make sure you drink enough water.