5 Simple Principles of Saving

Suba

Staff member
When I was 6 years old, my parents always taught me to always save from my pocket money, even if I only put change into a piggy bank. The goal of parents is to familiarize their children with learning to save. So the main key to saving is a habit. So that your saving is not just a plan that was never implemented, then you can apply the 6 simple principles of saving below:

1. Saving. Do not interfere with the fulfillment of basic needs
Determine or calculate how much your basic needs are every month, live a simple life, avoid consuming unnecessary purchases or items you don't need. try to quit smoking.

2. Withholding income immediately upon receipt.
Income received at the beginning of the month minus basic needs, the rest is savings, which you immediately transfer to your savings account at the bank. To save, don't wait for the remaining money at the end of the month, because your money will never be left.

3. No need to calculate your savings often
If we check the amount of savings too often, it will have bad consequences. First, you will get bored of saving because the amount of money will take too long to become a lot, Second, you will be tempted to spend your savings.

4. Allocate on Investment
Periodically a year or two you can allocate your savings to invest in stocks, crypto, property etc.

5. Don't Underestimate Small Money
We often get small change from returning purchases of goods, we have to collect or put it in your desk drawer, in a long time you will be surprised to see a fairly large amount of money.