5 Risks of Online Loans

Suba

Staff member
Although we welcome the presence of an online loan platform that we can use when we need emergency money, because online loans do not require collateral, we only need to provide an ID card and phone number. but many rogue platforms abuse people's trust to make as much profit as possible. Personally, I've never taken out a loan, or been in debt, but I often read complaints from online loan platform users in online consumer media, ranging from threats from debt collectors, high interest rates, etc. Here is a summary of 5 online loan risks from several users.
1. Loan interest is too high
Even though the loan application says the interest is only 0.5 per day, although it looks small, but if you accumulate it for one period it will be a large amount, for example, your loan tenor is one month, the interest calculation is 0.5% X 30 days = 15%.
2. Terror Debt Collector
If you don't pay on time, the terror and threats of debt collectors will act, starting from personal, family, office phones.
3. Misuse of Personal Data
When you are going to borrow money, the online loan platform will ask for your ID card, phone number, upload a selfie that shows the ID card on your face.
4. Damaging Social Relations
When you apply for a loan, you must provide your office phone number (if you work) and your closest family's phone number as collateral. then if you are late paying the terror will spread everywhere.
5. Unreasonable fines
If you are late paying, not only will you get high interest but you will also get irrational fines, because basically online loans do not have rules and transparency.

So basically, think twice before you decide to make an online loan, what do you think?

Richee84

The risk attached to online loan is too high and I won't advise anyone to go for online loan at all..
Though online loan has it own advantage as it is very easy to access than getting loan from financial institutions.
Some of the disadvantages of online loan has be enumerated above and I quite quite agreed with what has been explain above.
The interest rate for online loan is usually at a high rate and this is one of the challenges that people face to pay it back.
Another disadvantages of online loan is the short time to pay back the loan with high interest. The time given to pay back the loan is usually very short time which also make difficult for the debtor to pay back within that period .
Another disadvantage is incessant calls to both the debtor and his or her close relatives or friends. The lender of the online loan are always at standby to disturb the their debtor's and their families and friends in other to expose them and cause them embarrassment. They can as well go to social media and news paper office to publish their name and pictures as a debtor for people to see and beware of them.